Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2019

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010

razorblunt wrote: »
    20 week scan done, it's a boy!
    Definitely mine as he's not shy in showing his todger! "Every Dad says that" the nurse told me!

Same as my little man!!! I am 24 weeks today and just got diagnosed with SPD. March cannot come soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Hi, hope everyone and their bumps are keeping well. I’m 25+2 now and can’t believe how quickly time is flying by.
    I had a little bit of a scare at the weekend in the form of a bleed. It happened after sex which I know is not uncommon but it had never happened before on any of my pregnancies. I could still feel plenty of movement from the baby but decided on Sunday afternoon when it was still happening to go and have it checked out anyway.
    Turns out it was a little polyp that came away and was the cause of the bleeding. Apparently these are very common during pregnancy- again something I wasn’t aware of.
    At my last consultant appointment my doctor suggested signing me off from now until I start my maternity leave (I have a track record of giving birth at 36 and 37 weeks) and after all that happened last time out they’re trying to ensure I’m as well rested as possible this time just in case things get interesting again.
    After the drama of the weekend I think I’ll take her advice and make this coming Wednesday my last day.

29 + 3 today and insomnia has reared it’s ugly head this week. First time mother with a rainbow baby - is insomnia common? Any tips on sleep?

posy2010 wrote: »
    29 + 3 today and insomnia has reared it’s ugly head this week. First time mother with a rainbow baby - is insomnia common? Any tips on sleep?

Congratulations! You’re one week ahead of me so I feel your pain (possibly quite literally!) with regard to the insomnia, discomfort, etc.
    For me the right position to lie down in is very important. Left side with a pillow between my legs, one flat behind my back to support it and another one to two for me head- I feel very nauseated if I lie too flat. Then I stop drinking anything after 8:30pm if I can help it as that lessens the need to pee during the night.
    I also make sure that I don’t eat too much too close to bedtime and definitely not anything that could trigger my heart burn.

While that doesn’t cure the insomnia it lessens the chances of my being woken up needlessly. For the nights where it simply is insomnia I use the mindfulness ap on my phone and it can help. Sometimes though I just have to give in and get up. On Tuesday morning I found myself downstairs at 04:30 writing the last of my Christmas cards, making lunch for my 4 year olds lunchbox and hanging out the washing. I knew I could go back to bed for a nap again once the older two were in school/ with their childminder so didn’t sweat it.

Congratulations! You’re one week ahead of me so I feel your pain (possibly quite literally!) with regard to the insomnia, discomfort, etc.

While that doesn’t cure the insomnia it lessens the chances of my being woken up needlessly. For the nights where it simply is insomnia I use the mindfulness ap on my phone and it can help. Sometimes though I just have to give in and get up. On Tuesday morning I found myself downstairs at 04:30 writing the last of my Christmas cards, making lunch for my 4 year olds lunchbox and hanging out the washing. I knew I could go back to bed for a nap again once the older two were in school/ with their childminder so didn’t sweat it.

Thanks for the advice. It helps knowing I’m not alone. Luckily I’m working from home when I can at this stage on doctors orders so I do have opportunity to rest during the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 pp1401

Due mid March and trying to decide on a Vbac or a second c section. My son is 3 and was delivered by c section after 3 failed attempts to induced labor, no contractions, waters didn’t break and I did not dilate at all. Doctor says it’s my choice but not sure if I should chose a c section or see if I can go naturally?? Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

pp1401 wrote: »
    Due mid March and trying to decide on a Vbac or a second c section. My son is 3 and was delivered by c section after 3 failed attempts to induced labor, no contractions, waters didn’t break and I did not dilate at all. Doctor says it’s my choice but not sure if I should chose a c section or see if I can go naturally?? Any advice?

I’m in the same boat trying to choose between VBAC or elective section. My daughter is 3 and was born by emergency section after induction - got to 10cm dilated but she just didn’t drop low enough for delivery vaginally. It’s so hard to choose! (I’m due in May, clicked in here by accident and then spotted your post)

pp1401 wrote: »

I’m in a similar situation. I delivered my first baby naturally at 36+6 and it went well and relatively quickly (waters broke at 07:30, no contractions until 13:00 or so and then she was born at 23:56).
    Last time out with my second I got sick and he was distressed and so had to be delivered by section under GA at 37 weeks.
    Things got complicated and it’s a long long story but in summary my consultant is very keen to see that she is as prepared as she possibly can be for all eventualities this time around.
    I’m provisionally booked in for a section on Feb 28th (due date is March 9th) but my doctor is pretty sure I’ll have the baby before then. Like you she is leaving it up to me to be very specific about what type of delivery I want and like you I’m a bit betwixed and betweened about it.
    As I laboured well the first time apparently the odds are high that I can do it again successfully this time even with having had a section last time. In many ways it would be easier- no issue re: driving for weeks or lifting and minding my other two children, quicker recovery time, etc. However I do like the idea of being able to control things in so far as possible from the outset and a section would allow for that.
    I’m back in for another appointment on Tuesday and will discuss it a bit more with my consultant then and see if it helps me with the decision making process.
    Sometimes having a choice isn’t all it’s cracked up to be is it?!

How is everyone getting on? 38 weeks today and counting the seconds!

posy2010 wrote: »
    How is everyone getting on? 38 weeks today and counting the seconds!

Congratulations! I’m 37+3 and feel like I am 100 years pregnant.
    I had an ante natal today and the baby is in prime position for being born but she has been for a few weeks now anyway. No sign of her wanting to leave!!
    I went early on my first (36+6) and my son was delivered at 37+6 so I think it would be intolerable to have to wait the full 40.
    I’m scheduled for a section on the 28th when I’ll be 38+5 so I don’t really have that long to wait now at a maximum.
    I did have reflexology last night to start the eviction process and I’m booked in again for another session on Thursday. Even if it doesn’t work it does make me feel really nice afterward and ensures a pretty good nights sleep.
    I’ve been having lots and lots of Braxton Hicks over the last three weeks and they’re wrecking my head - all take place around 2am and just when I’m about to wake my husband up and say “Def Con 4” the child finds the off switch and goes back to sleep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

all well here. 4 weeks to go. good luck everyone

Haha I feel like I have been gestating for about 18 months. I think this child is happy out though. I have my fingers crossed for the full moon later ;)

No longer pregnant. Our little girl was born yesterday February 28th. So delighted to have her safely on the outside and be able to take part in shameful snuggles and skin to skin with her.
    Good luck to all of you!

congrats. enjoy baby x

Thank you. It’s wonderful to have her with us and that we had (by our standards at least) practically a drama free delivery.
    This is our third baby and it’s the first time I’ve been able to enjoy the first hours of my baby’s life.
    I was out of it with my first and missed out on the first 12/24 hours.
    Things got so crazy with my son he was 2/3 days old before I realised I even had a baby!
    Snuggles and skin time with my little girl this time around are priceless.

third times a charm ��

It certainly is ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Best feeling ever...'to have her safely on the outside". It's all you want.Enjoy her. :-)

Baby boy arrived yesterday 9 days early snd all going well. my waters broke but labour didn't start so i was induced the next day then things happened quickly leaving no time for an epidural. But all is well thankfully.

My baby boy arrived 2 days late last Thursday after a failed induction via emergency C Section weighing a portly 8lb 13oz. No matter how traumatic the labour was I’d do it a million times again for him. Besotted with my little man!

• Advertisement
Advertisement