Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window sills installation cost

Options
  • 03-07-2018 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have a new ope in a wall - 2 in fact - and I have 2 granite window sills. The work to install will require making the extra 10cm in the base of the ope either side and installing the sill. What should this cost? The wall is old brick etc. I know it will need 2 men to carry 1 floor up and fit. They are 85 kg each. I like the builder but he quoted 580, I think 300-350 is more reasonable. I need this done first before the window fitters come to measure. Location is Dublin. I guess it could be 200-250, but I want it done fairly soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ioannes52

The final price was 380 for 2 larger sills (350mm deep, about 135kg each) requiring 3 men to fit, off higher original quote but it did take a few hours to make kango it, make the frame for the mortar and laser align. So I think it was very reasonable.

Advertisement