Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi B8.5 - 132 - low oil pressure

• 03-07-2018 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I've a very intermittent low oil pressure warning light coming on.

The engine code is CJCA on a 132 reg car.

- It lasts for a couple of seconds at at time and the light switches off (never more that 5 seconds, it generally switches off before I've had a chance to pull over and stop the engine)
    - It happens days or even weeks apart
    - It generally happens in "odd" situations, say stopped on a cambered road, reversing up a slight gradient, after slowing to a stop on a motorway.
    - The car is currently off the road awaiting space at a local indy.

I called Audi and they said that it is unlikely it's the balance shaft hex problem as that is more a PD issue rather that CR one, especially a 2013 model. They didn't say that in relation to my symptoms, they said it outright.

I guess I am hoping that it is just a oil pickup problem as I hear that it's a common issue when the car is on Long life oil servicing; which I assume it was (UK fleet import).

Any insights?

I just want to make sure that nothing is replaced that doesn't need to as other mechanics have said it's definitely the balance shaft and the entire system needs to be replaced. The mechanic is fine but he is not an Audi guy and I'm stuck as I don't want to move the car elsewhere in case this is gets worse.

I see that I can get a kit which replaces only the problematic parts of the system with uprated bits, but then again, I don't see my engine code there.

http://www.kmbpartsdirect.co.uk/oil_pumps.html

Thanks for any advice from peeps in the know :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Did you check your oil level?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pioneer1998

Hello BBK,

did you sorted out your low oil pressure light issue?
    I am having the same problem, when the car gets hot and it is at idle the oil pressure light comes on, increasing the engine revolutions to 1000 and above light goes off. The engine is running fine, no strange noise.
    My engine is CGLD and it is similar to your.
    New oil and filter, no difference.

a5oc.com/forums/a5-general-q/153393-2-0-tdi-cglc.html
    Post 7

Thanks

Advertisement