Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overestimated Bill

Options
  • 03-07-2018 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭

Hi

My recent bill dated to 25th June seems to be well overestimated. It's more like a winter bill than a summer bill and bearing in mind it has been so warm I was expecting it to be lower than the same period last year but it's quite a bit higher? Is there anything that can be done to get it more accurate, I can supply a reading. I'd be struggling to pay which is why I'm asking, I realise it all levels out in the long run.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi AllForIt,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Yes, any time you receive an estimated bill, just send us a meter-reading to correct it. So long as the meter is accessible, you should just receive an estimated bill twice a year, calculated by ESB Networks. Otherwise, ESB Networks will read the meter for the four other annual bills.

If you private message us the relevant Electric Ireland account number, address and meter-reading, we can process this for you as soon as possible. We advise sending in a meter-reading immediately upon receipt of an estimated bill if paying by direct debit, so that there is sufficient notice for the bank.

The above information is all we require to process the meter-reading. To review the account and provide information on it, we require that you state in the message that you are the account-holder, and confirm your name and your telephone number (for security/verification).

We will respond ASAP.

Thanks,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Sent you PM. 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Sent phone number via PM.

Advertisement