Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum70 fob not working

Options
  • 03-07-2018 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

My HKC Quantum70 House Alarm System is not responding to my fob, and the fob is showing a red light (instead of green) when I press the Set Alarm button.

There is a possibility that the fob got wet, and that that is what is causing the problem. I placed the fob under the sun to dry it, but no improvement. I opened it (away from the house) to see if it was wet inside, but it doesn't look wet.

The Alarm can still be set manually, without the fob.

The battery was replaced some months ago, so should be at full strength, but I'm wondering if it was short-circuited if it got wet, and that that has affected it.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Should work with new battery, by holding finger on full or part set for a few seconds. Have uou got eng code?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Bricriu

Thanks, David.

I have Engineer's Code.

Pm me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Bricriu

Have installed new battery in fob, but it still doesn't work.

Anyone else got any ideas?

It poss needs to be removed and then re ID onto panel. Have you eng code? Please pm me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement