Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend cafe for a first date

Options
  • 03-07-2018 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I have a first date in Galway on Sunday. :) Was hoping somewhere by the sea, maybe Salthill or even Spiddal? It's just a coffee date but could someone please recommend a nice cafe for lunch? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Il Vicolo, Bridge Mills. Sunday they're open for lunch and if the sun stays around reserve a spot outdoors with a lovely view.

http://ilvicolo.ie/
    https://goo.gl/maps/TF4Yc7Dk2Z12

Alternately there's Papa Rich in Born (nice view) and Papa Rich in Salthill (nice view) for a casual meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

These two are both on Sea Rd but unfortunately not too close to the sea.

Kai cafe & The Secret Garden both same side of the street.
    Kai is more upmarket than secret garden but both are really special places, think quirky and I'd say he/she would be impressed. best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

I'd take her to Furbo beach and padraicins for a coffee or lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

topcat77 wrote: »
    I'd take her to Furbo beach and padraicins for a coffee or lunch.
    That's a good idea, but for a first date you may want to not drive anywhere as she might be reluctant to get into a car with someone she barely knows.
    And if the date doesn't work out she can't just get up and leave, but have to be driven back.

Unless of course you guys meet at location in separate cars.

Just m2c

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »

Highly recommend the Corrib House. It's got nice views of the river if you get a window seat

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

D Trent wrote: »
    Kai cafe & The Secret Garden both same side of the street.
    Kai is more upmarket than secret garden but both are really special places, think quirky and I'd say he/she would be impressed. best of luck

Some people wouldn't be impressed with SG. But it has a very hippy vibe, and great cakes but very limited savoury food (usually some kind of veggie / lentil curry I think). Those who love it (count me in) do, but some folks really don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

periwinkle wrote: »
    I have a first date in Galway on Sunday. :) Was hoping somewhere by the sea, maybe Salthill or even Spiddal? It's just a coffee date but could someone please recommend a nice cafe for lunch? Thanks!

Did you ask your date if they have any preferences on where to go? If they say no, you have these to pull out of your pocket to impress.

* always made a positive impression on me to be asked.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Highly recommend the Corrib House. It's got nice views of the river if you get a window seat

Third recommendation for Corrib House, great brunch on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Dungeons & Donuts - they do coffee, donuts and boardgames which can be fun for a first date :)
    good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 katseye

I look forward to hearing how you got on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Dungeons & Donuts - they do coffee, donuts and boardgames which can be fun for a first date :)
    good luck
    I love the cute doughnuts in dungeons and doughnuts but for a first date It could be hit or miss - some girls/ladies do like role play games but to me it screams “GEEK”. If you know for sure she’s into that type of thing then go for it, but out of the women I’m friends with only one would be into that. I’d go for somewhere blander just in case. Gourmet tart in Salthill, Corrib tea rooms, An Cupan tea would be safer imho.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ground and Co put by the aquarium would be my shout, busy as hell at times but beautiful area and coffee I also like..

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Corrib tea house!!!
    Stunning views of the weir. And if you ended up getting along well, you could go for a nice walk down Woodquay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Well it's already happened now. Now for the update report...

Advertisement