Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toothpaste - sls/fluoride free - still chapped lips

Options
  • 03-07-2018 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Toothpaste has been causing my lips and surrounding skin to dry. I stopped using it for a week and it cleared up. I started using a sls free fluoride free toothpaste instead and the issue has returned. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of trying Lush's tooth powder. My lips are incredibly painful and no amount of coconut oil or chap stick will heal them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Have you tried MooGoo toothpaste before? I haven't actually myself but use a lot of their other cleansers/moisturisers on myself and the kids and really like them. They're big on using more natural ingredients and the website is brilliant, really informative about what goes into each product. Might be worth a try?

EDIT: sorry, forgot the link! https://moogoo.ie/dental/moothpaste.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I use the Lush tooth tabs regularly just because I like them, I find they really make my teeth look white and clean. They don't taste very nice but do the job, I'd recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭fifigogo

Kingfisher toothpaste from Amazon. No artificial anything, all natural. You could also just use organic sea salt. It was recommended to me by a dentist as an alternative. it has anitbacterial properties.

Advertisement