Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coffee may extend longevity

• 03-07-2018 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭

Huzza!
    Drinking as many as eight cups of coffee a day could help you live longer, study says

In a study of around half-a-million British adults, coffee drinkers were found to have a slightly lower risk of death over a 10-year follow-up period than non-coffee drinkers.
    The apparent longevity boost comes as yet another piece of good news for coffee lovers, with health benefits recorded in drinkers of instant, ground and decaffeinated coffee.
    Late last year, researchers at the University of Southampton in the U.K. found people who drink three or four cups of coffee every day could significantly reduce their chances of early death.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/03/drinking-coffee-could-help-you-live-longer-study-says.html

Take that, you naysayers. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭micks_address

cnocbui wrote: »

Study number 987654321..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Study number 987654321..

Yes, the commitment which certain people have shown in the pursuit of negatives to coffee drinking is extraordinary.

This study included half a million people over ten years, so it's pretty strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Meta-analysis:

Studies have found that some people who either do or don't do more or less of [insert activity] may or may not live longer or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I'm old already and have drunk coffee all my life. QED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    I'm old already and have drunk coffee all my life. QED

Me too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I believe that I read or heard somewhere, that coffee stave off Alzheimer's,
    Any way I do love a cup of good coffee, but do not drink it in the evening, due to the sleep,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Any antioxidant benefits may well be offset by the levels of acrylamide (created during the roasting process),
    ahh just love the smell of acrylamide in the morning. Can also be found in potatoe chips (160 – 3000) μg/kg. Crisps n' coffee, not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

News site space fillers. Next week there will one one out saying it's bad for you, and the week after they'll be one saying it's great again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

News site space fillers. Next week there will one one out saying it's bad for you, and the week after they'll be one saying it's great again.

Pretty much as far as I can see too. It's why I ignore the whole lot of these reports equally in a beautifuly ignorant caffeinated abyss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ten cups a day? I'd be so jittery, I'd vibrate out of this dimension.

• Advertisement
Advertisement