Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New proposed bus routes for Lucan

Options
  • 03-07-2018 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭

Proposals

So looks like the 25 route is gone completely. The 252 will now operate to/from Dodsboro will which go to Adamstown, I assume the train station

66/66A/66B/67 will be replaced by the C3/C4

The 25 A/B replaced by the C1/C2.

I foresee extremely packed buses as the supposedly leave every 20 minutes! And no mention of Xs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,791 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They leave up to every 10 minutes each at peak times, so every 2.5 minutes through Lucan. Some X services are retained (with 3 digit numbers but considering the main difference for X services to Lucan is skipping Chapelizod and all services will skip Chapelizod that makes them redundant.

There will be vastly, vastly more buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cowboyjoe

I don't see any mention of the 25d bus route being retained, which is an invaluable commuting route for adamstown, finnstown, Westbury and Hillcrest areas. This route bypasses the new estates which makes commuting 10-20 mins quicker. I would definitely be contacting local reps if this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

L1011 wrote: »
    They leave up to every 10 minutes each at peak times, so every 2.5 minutes through Lucan. Some X services are retained (with 3 digit numbers but considering the main difference for X services to Lucan is skipping Chapelizod and all services will skip Chapelizod that makes them redundant.

There will be vastly, vastly more buses.

That's good so, I wonder why the C1 takes off from Sandymount? :confused:

cowboyjoe wrote: »
    I don't see any mention of the 25d bus route being retained, which is an invaluable commuting route for adamstown, finnstown, Westbury and Hillcrest areas. This route bypasses the new estates which makes commuting 10-20 mins quicker. I would definitely be contacting local reps if this is the case.

They can use the C1/2/3/4 and get the 251 which takes off from Liffey Valley which goes through Esker to Adamstown station

IvySlayer wrote: »
    They can use the C1/2/3/4 and get the 251 which takes off from Liffey Valley which goes through Esker to Adamstown station
    No they cant. For this service, 25D, goes directly down the Newcastle Road and onto the main N4, thus eliminating the new Lucan Estates for those commuting to town. So no, the C1/2/3 etc aren't replacing anything like the 25D as nothing else replicates this route on the proposed new map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Local reps?. They're responsible for approving planning decisions which led to the traffic havok that exists around Lucan. Do us all a favour and leave them out of the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ozbackineire

I use the 25D service every morning and 66/67X home in the evening, it is an invaluable service which cuts out the needs to go through the estates. When will these changes to be coming into place do we know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

People in Adamstown and surrounding area can use the train there's a plan to introduce off peak services on the tunnel route to Connolly/Tara/Pearce/GCD

ArthurG wrote: »
    Local reps?. They're responsible for approving planning decisions which led to the traffic havok that exists around Lucan. Do us all a favour and leave them out of the discussion.

I'll include them if I like, thank u very much! The most responsible, is long gone anyhow! So I'll make do with the current crop. Also a few of them helped to get this route up and running, so I'll certainly be involving them to clarify that this route remains.
    As for trains, not everyone works etc within 500m of various city centre (or lives close to Adamstown) train stations so this bus route is a must.

That's why there are four proposed bus routes serving adamstown train station to allow people to get to the station quickly with the new 90 minuite fare changing between bus and train will cost no extra and with a 25 minuites service to the center of town from Adamstown there's no way any existing bus service will match that the whole point of this plan is to feed rail where it makes more sense to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

That's why there are four proposed bus routes serving adamstown train station to allow people to get to the station quickly with the new 90 minuite fare changing between bus and train will cost no extra and with a 25 minuites service to the center of town from Adamstown there's no way any existing bus service will match that the whole point of this plan is to feed rail where it makes more sense to do so.

I am no longer in Lucan but Clongriffin and the promised more frequent trains never materialised so hopefully it does for Adamstown. Also keep in mind the congestion of trains coming into Connolly- I am frequently standing on a packed train in a phantom stop between Clontarf Rd and Connolly going into town or between Tara and Connolly coming out of town since there are so many trains going through Connolly...more frequent trains will only add to this.

For the buses, I would say that the C1 and C2 are the two lines that will have any frequency and the 251 and 252 are an attempt to keep a route similar to the once an hour 239 which they lost out to the new private company coming in. The new routes are definitely leaving Hillcrest and Dodsboro with another 10 minute walk to get to a stop and a loss for the 9-5 commuters with the 25D which would be faster to get in if you work in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There are two additional peak only routes for Adamstown and south Lucan that aren't on the main maps - look at page 143 of Chapter 7 of the plan.

Routes 321 and 322.

Possibily the 321 could be realigned to replicate the 25D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

I'll include them if I like, thank u very much! The most responsible, is long gone anyhow! So I'll make do with the current crop. Also a few of them helped to get this route up and running, so I'll certainly be involving them to clarify that this route remains.
    As for trains, not everyone works etc within 500m of various city centre (or lives close to Adamstown) train stations so this bus route is a must.

It's not going to work if every John and Mary complain because their local bus is going and they have to walk an extra five minutes. Stop being so selfish, I'm going to lose the 25.

Good. It should have been gotten rid of years ago. It's a useless service which did nothing but save me a five minute walk and now the buses can be moved to provide a more frequent bus service elsewhere.

Commuter trains on the heuston line are much less busy then the dart and with even more capacity to come overcrowding shouldn't be too much of a problem. The 9-5 crowd will still have expresso services when bus is operational there available to see in the report.

The 241 is hourly and the 242 is every half hour to suggest there a half baked cover for the 239 is just wrong although some of he same area is covered the routes are there to feed people into the train station at Adamstown the 239 never went near the station.

troyzer wrote: »
    It's not going to work if every John and Mary complain because their local bus is going and they have to walk an extra five minutes. Stop being so selfish, I'm going to lose the 25.

Good. It should have been gotten rid of years ago. It's a useless service which did nothing but save me a five minute walk and now the buses can be moved to provide a more frequent bus service elsewhere.

Selfish? Ah here, it's not my personal bus service, nor is the 25 yours. myself and many others rely on this bus service, a route that actually works. Why fix something that obviously is not broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ozbackineire

Selfish? Ah here, it's not my personal bus service, nor is the 25 yours. myself and many others rely on this bus service, a route that actually works. Why fix something that obviously is not broken.

Couldn't agree more, the 25D is a reliable and extremely efficient bus service. Getting rid of it and not providing any express buses will make buses overcrowded and the commute to work longer for those that use this service.

I get the 25 every morning so I'm not happy with losing it but I wouldn't mind it as long as there's more buses going through the village and a shorter route to/from town.

troyzer wrote: »

The 25 and the 25x can get packed especially in the evenings and the mornings. A lot of people use it to avoid the 66/67 etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

https://www.busconnects.ie/media/1256/proposed-service-hours-and-frequencies.pdf

This pdf would indicate significant reduction in frequency on Saturday evenings and Sunday for the 25a/b routes. I really don't think this is acceptable. After 8pm on Saturday each route will only be every 40 minutes and the same for most of Sunday reducing to only every 60 minutes on a Sunday evening.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I get the 25 every morning so I'm not happy with losing it but I wouldn't mind it as long as there's more buses going through the village and a shorter route to/from town.
    The A and B are still there sorta

At present if the B is late I could walk to the A stop. But the current timetable means that by the time I get there I'd probably miss it and then the next bus would be the next B :rolleyes:

So for me the B is handy, but if I need to be somewhere on time I've to walk to the A which takes longer and skews the stats :mad:
    Offpeak I might as well take the car.

Until the new timetable comes out i'd imagine it'll be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Why are both buses still going thru foxboro, the road itself can't handle the buses.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Why are both buses still going thru foxboro, the road itself can't handle the buses.

And the 25A goes through a whole heap of speed bumps and roundabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I don't see the issue with the buses going through Foxborough? The problem I see is the unnecessary speed bumps and all the illegal parking outside Centra and just off the roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Going through Foxborough (instead of straight from Griffeen Avenue onto R136) adds on another two times ten minutes or more every day. Most of the people on the 25A and 25B are not getting on in Foxborough and those who do could easily walk to the last bus stop on Griffeen Avenue (or the one at the Penny Hill)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

If I remember correctly when 1st introduced, I think the 25b was meant to bypass Foxboro but residents complained and got it rerouted along the same route as the A

I agree that Foxborough is unsuitable for buses and there should be no issue for Foxborough residents to walk to another stop if skipped. But if it went straight on to R136 I think it would create an unreasonable distance to nearest stop for those in Rosse Court, Earlsfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Any change to any system is always going to be good for some people and bad for other people. In this case it would be good for the vast majority of people going to work at peak times (not school) on these buses if they went straight onto the R136.

unkel wrote: »
    Any change to any system is always going to be good for some people and bad for other people. In this case it would be good for the vast majority of people going to work at peak times (not school) on these buses if they went straight onto the R136.

Sure. I would benefit hugely too. But I think it would mean a 15 minute plus walk for some of these houses and I just don't think that's acceptable.

Sure. I would benefit hugely too. But I think it would mean a 15 minute plus walk for some of these houses and I just don't think that's acceptable.

Well maybe they need a small connecting bus for those areas like they are doing in Tallaght. So a bus service those estates but then leave the people at pennyhill.

• Advertisement

If I remember correctly when 1st introduced, I think the 25b was meant to bypass Foxboro but residents complained and got it rerouted along the same route as the A

Yep and it got turned around because the residents of Foxoboro complained their kids couldn't get to school in adamstown. Got forbid they use the lane way in foxboro or walk a small bit like most do in Lucan

Advertisement