Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New debit card - not contactless?

Options
  • 03-07-2018 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

I received my new debit card today and noticed it's not a contactless card. I was assuming my new card would be. Can you explain why please? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

murphym7 wrote: »
    I received my new debit card today and noticed it's not a contactless card. I was assuming my new card would be. Can you explain why please?  Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks for your post.

If the new card was a replacement for an expiring card, the same card type should've been issued. You can send an Ask a Question message from the Service Desk on 365 Online and one of my colleagues can check this further and order a contactless card if you wish.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I received my new debit card today and noticed it's not a contactless card. I was assuming my new card would be. Can you explain why please?  Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks for your post.

If the new card was a replacement for an expiring card, the same card type should've been issued. You can send an Ask a Question message from the Service Desk on 365 Online and one of my colleagues can check this further and order a contactless card if you wish.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

Thanks for your reply. It was a replacement of an expiring card. I just assumed all new issued debit cards should have the contactless technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi there,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

Thanks for your reply. It was a replacement of an expiring card. I just assumed all new issued debit cards should have the contactless technology.

A replacement card would generally be the same card type as the card that it is replacing. But if you follow the instructions in the last message the advisers there will be more than happy to arrange a contact-less card to be sent out to you.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.  

Advertisement