Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Replacement when item out of stock?

Options
  • 03-07-2018 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Bought a 2 tower fans from Argos a month ago (almost to the day).

One of the fans stopped working today... just makes a buzzing noise.

Obviously with the heat we're still getting, I want a replacement fan, but the fan is now out of stock. Do I just have to suck it up and take a refund from Argos, or can they replace with a similar product that is in-stock but €30 more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

soc wrote: »
    Do I just have to suck it up and take a refund from Argos, or can they replace with a similar product that is in-stock but €30 more?

Did you mean to ask: 'will they...?'

I'd say unlikely - why would they when their legal obligations will be satisfied by giving you your money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,794 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you looked at other branches near for stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Have you looked at other branches near for stock?

Yes. All branches are completely out of stock of the model I bought but other tower fans are either in Stock or can have stock delivered in-store by a specific date.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

coylemj wrote: »
    Did you mean to ask: 'will they...?'

I'd say unlikely - why would they when their legal obligations will be satisfied by giving you your money back?

On their UK site they say that they'd replace with item similar if available...that's why I was wondering about irish side...as no info at all on the Irish website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Get your money back and pay the extra €30 for the other one?

Or else find one somewhere else at the same price if possible?

You should be asking Argos this question really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Bought a 2 tower fans from Argos a month ago (almost to the day).

One of the fans stopped working today... just makes a buzzing noise.

Obviously with the heat we're still getting, I want a replacement fan, but the fan is now out of stock. Do I just have to suck it up and take a refund from Argos, or can they replace with a similar product that is in-stock but €30 more?

Probably, if you pay the extra €30.

The supply situation may be out of their control.
    If they can't replace it, your next option is refund or repair.
    The consumer is entitled to a refund, repair or replacement of faulty goods, no more, excepting any goodwill offered. You can not demand a replacement.

If a replacement is unavailable you still get a refund or repair option.

I wouldn't describe getting a no quibble refund for faulty goods having to suck up but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

On their UK site they say that they'd replace with item similar if available...that's why I was wondering about irish side...as no info at all on the Irish website.

You didn't say how much you paid for the ones you bought but a fan costing €30 more could not be categorised as 'similar' when discussing a potential warranty replacement.

If they can't replace with a similar (referring to function and price range) model, you'll get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

They'll definitely do what they can. Either a refund or exhange for the next similarly priced fan. Had trouble with a new vax Hoover and was given the updated model with no problems.

Advertisement