Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Skype for Business calls from mobiles

Options
  • 04-07-2018 7:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We're a small remote team who need a conference call service to be able to engage with each other but more so our clients who are mostly in Ireland. We all work by mobile; we don't have landlines. We host 2-3 conference calls only in any month, and will unlikely ever go past 8-10 in a month.

We've been thinking of Skype for Business but from what I can make out the price per minute we would have to pay on our mobile bills would be 20.2c per minute if dialing a toll number, and 83.3c per minute if dialing a toll-free number. Equally those joining a conference call if using mobiles would have those costs to incur in my understanding.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of this and if I am interpreting those numbers correctly. They seem very high.

We would also welcome any other suggestions. The simpler the better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Gmaximum

Anything with pay per minute dial in will cost a significant amount to run

An alternative would be to use something like Videxio, it’s a hosted video conferencing service that allows dial in too. Fixed charge per month with the the benefit providing interoperability for video between Skype for Buisines and other video services (they have their own WEB RTC client too for non video users)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

We're a small remote team who need a conference call service to be able to engage with each other but more so our clients who are mostly in Ireland. We all work by mobile; we don't have landlines. We host 2-3 conference calls only in any month, and will unlikely ever go past 8-10 in a month.

We've been thinking of Skype for Business but from what I can make out the price per minute we would have to pay on our mobile bills would be 20.2c per minute if dialing a toll number, and 83.3c per minute if dialing a toll-free number. Equally those joining a conference call if using mobiles would have those costs to incur in my understanding.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of this and if I am interpreting those numbers correctly. They seem very high.

We would also welcome any other suggestions. The simpler the better.

Why wouldn't you use the Skype for business mobile app to call in and use your data / WiFi. That's what I use.

Advertisement