Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good Bike Maintenance course

Options
  • 04-07-2018 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Has anyone any recommendations for a good bike maintenance course or something along that lines.

I've spend too much time this year heading back to my LBS for small things and getting overcharged for it...

I have the very basics like changing tubes,tyres, cassettes, brake pads so looking for:
    gear tuning, replacing chain, bottom bracket, headset and i guess identifying when they really need changing etc..
    Any info much appreciated.
    I'm in the athlone area but don't mind travelling for it.
    Thanks
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

I know of two people (Friend and my Dad) who went to the Rothar maintenance course. Both said that the training was excellent:

http://www.rothar.ie/Bike-maintenance-classes.html

I believe 360cycles in Clontarf run courses for groups also but I have no experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I did the biking.ie one, which they were running at the community centre at Lambs Cross at the time. It was basically a full service of whatever bike you brought with you.

I thought it was good, although because I'd just serviced it, it was a while before I had to do anything on it again. But it has given me the confidence to use youtube as reminders and follow that.

There's a few bike shops do them - you could try one of your local ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Interested too and in Athlone area.

Advertisement