Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't use the fibre thats on the pole in our garden!!!!

Options
  • 04-07-2018 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

So we have built a new house. Went to sign up with eir for broadband and was told the usual. Get line installed and then they will tell us speeds etc... 

We have an eircode however it is not showing up on google maps or eir's systems yet.  All houses around us can get eir - in fact the fibre cabling is rolled up with a box on the pole on the edge of our garden. The KN engineer told us it was fibre so there will be no issue with us receiving Fibre.

Here's the good bit - despite all of the aboive eir will not give us fibre for the sole reason that our eircode will not show on their system yet. Never mind the fact that the fibre cables etc.. are physically in our garden. 

Surely common sense should prevail in instances like this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

philip1526 wrote: »
    So we have built a new house. Went to sign up with eir for broadband and was told the usual. Get line installed and then they will tell us speeds etc... 

We have an eircode however it is not showing up on google maps or eir's systems yet.  All houses around us can get eir - in fact the fibre cabling is rolled up with a box on the pole on the edge of our garden. The KN engineer told us it was fibre so there will be no issue with us receiving Fibre.

Here's the good bit - despite all of the aboive eir will not give us fibre for the sole reason that our eircode will not show on their system yet. Never mind the fact that the fibre cables etc.. are physically in our garden. 

Hi philip1526, 

Thanks for getting in contact with us here.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with ourselves. If you PM me your full address and Eircode I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 19 philip1526

Hi philip1526, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with ourselves. If you PM me your full address and Eircode I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    That's Done Tracey Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi philip1526, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    That's Done Tracey Thanks
    Thanks. 

I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

As stupid as it sounds that's probably the smartest thing eir have done.
    1 eircode 1 connection. In the cities the phone network is chaotic you've got 25 pair cables coming up the road and a row of terraced houses 6 lines going into 1 house for a person renting in a converted bathroom redirecting half of all the connections to anoVery subscribed telephone pole cutting cables going down the row to make connections and making it harder to find a pair going back for people on the end should one want a connection.
    With fibre there's a connectIon for each specific house. This ensures this chopping and redirecting cables everytime tenants come and go stops.
    The fibre will be tied to the eircode not the account holder.
    The best thing you can do is take note of the dp code
    Be it dda_9_003005c or whatever take that and your eircode sand a picture of where the pole is in relation to your house. Maybe a bit of cajoling and see if they'll speed it up as you've pulled out your homework.
    If they offer a copper phone line see if you can forgo the copper phone line as that seems to delay getting fibre in ( just ask for your phone number to come over VoIP.)
    (An appointment would be made for a phone line then another for a fibre line. Why they make people get a phone line first I've no idea but it definitely hinders getting fibre in.

Advertisement