Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerial video of Bills Rocks, 11km south of Achill

• 04-07-2018 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

The recent good weather has allowed a local drone enthusiast to visit and film some spectacular footage of the Bills Rocks, located 11km south of Achill Island:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Coold video!! Some views in person I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Great video of Bill's ( de Bille's) Rock.

de Bille house on Main Street Newport had become delapidated long before being purchased some years ago by Frank and Phil Chambers. They substantially renovated it. Their well-known café Blue Bicycle trades in part of the premises.

As can be seen from a plaque on the wall the then Danish ambassador visited Newport some years ago to commemorate de Bille's heroism. I doubt if the Danes paid for any of the renovation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Aww that's amazing! I love it. Such great beauty we have in our own Back Yard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The recent good weather has allowed a local drone enthusiast to visit and film some spectacular footage of the Bills Rocks, located 11km south of Achill Island:

Thank you; a quiet and utterly lovely ending to my Sunday afternoon,

Advertisement