Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese stone lantern

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,565 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

How about that website you posted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Can't help, but I understand what you mean about these being a bit 'polished'. Not ancient enough. Have seen the real things in Japan, and you're right (if you're saying) these look a bit , well maybe, fake???

I've seen youtubes about making something look old using all sorts of yukky stuff (yoghurt and soil springs to mind) to achieve that weathered and old look. Could be a worthwhile project - that I wouldn't have the patience or skill to undertake, but have no problem suggesting to others :pac::pac:.

Good luck.

_Brian wrote: »
    How about that website you posted ?

How about you read the rest of the post you mong

Can't help, but I understand what you mean about these being a bit 'polished'. Not ancient enough. Have seen the real things in Japan, and you're right (if you're saying) these look a bit , well maybe, fake???

I've seen youtubes about making something look old using all sorts of yukky stuff (yoghurt and soil springs to mind) to achieve that weathered and old look. Could be a worthwhile project - that I wouldn't have the patience or skill to undertake, but have no problem suggesting to others :pac::pac:.

Good luck.

Yea,
    the finish is like a graveyard ordainment !
    Its the machine polish the makes it look that way I think,cant see moss etc growing on that finish.

Advertisement