Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velogames?

Options
  • 04-07-2018 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Has a Tour de France League been setup up yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Cheers for volunteering to set one up Topcat77 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Cheers for volunteering to set one up Topcat77 :)

League Code: 17734056

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

in

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

De Bhál wrote: »
    in
    ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

In

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

In.

Had to include Jack Bauer :pac:

Still finalising my team. Had a block thinking of a team name so asked my 4 year old. Team PJ Masks it is :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

It may be all for nothing...
    IMPORTANT NOTICE
    Due to a recent legal claim, entries into the current Fantasy Grand Tour game are currently suspended until further notice.

It is fair to say I am absolutely gutted about this turn of events, but do not want to comment further until the situation progresses.

At present it is looking unlikely that the current Fantasy Grand Tour game will go ahead as planned.

Many apologies for this news, but it is for the best for my family and finances.

Yours in fantasy cycling, George
    Source:
    https://www.velogames.com/
    https://twitter.com/velogames/status/1014988104149733377

In other news. ASO have created their own Fantasy Tour de France competition...

They didn't just give this fella cease and desist did they? FFS the ASO are really some shower of ****s if this is the case.

+ This new official one lets you modify the team during the rest days ????

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

They didn't just give this fella cease and desist did they? FFS the ASO are really some shower of ****s if this is the case.

+ This new official one lets you modify the team during the rest days ????

Just logged on to velogames and gutted its gone....not sure about entering the official version. AS a famous french lady once said "Let them eat cake"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Not being able to change your team was the reason I liked this... pick your team once and that's the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

That is seriously bad news .. was going to win it this year as well :D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

There's me crashed out of Giro Tour double attempt. Hoping Froome suffers the same fate tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

I had planed to pick the entire Sky team thus ensuring they had no chance of even finishing the Tour. #velogamescurse

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

So I went ahead and set up a league on the Le Tour website. I had tried to name it Boards Supports Velogames :) but was restricted by the number of letters allowed in the title, so it's now just Boards Velogames.

League Code: 47SWU

They have some funny prices for certain cyclists so there is value to be gotten on some riders.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Bugsy2000 wrote: »
    So I went ahead and set up a league on the Le Tour website. I had tried to name it Boards Supports Velogames :) but was restricted by the number of letters allowed in the title, so it's now just Boards Velogames.

League Code: 47SWU

They have some funny prices for certain cyclists so there is value to be gotten on some riders.

I think there should be a boycott of the tours fantasy game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I won't be entering it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

I joined it only because I'm extremely bored in work. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

IMPORTANT NOTICE - UPDATED

Dear all,

I am pleased to report that the legal issue noted on Thursday 5th July has been swiftly and amicably resolved.

Should you wish to enter a fantasy team for this year’s Tour de France, please do so at the following link: https://fantasy.letour.fr/

Regards, George.

For the sake of clarity, the Velogames Grand Tour game will remain suspended indefinitely.

So basically ASO won

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Very disappointing. Hoping it may reappear for non ASO races.

• Advertisement

Very much a case of the guy not having the means to fight them on it I think . They'll let Eurosport run one but not the little guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Should go the Pro Evo route.

Who wouldn't want Crisp Fromm and Craig Van Laundremat in their teams!

Advertisement