Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excess Broadband charge, but not exceeded according to meter?

Options
  • 04-07-2018 3:53pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have been charged €9.99 excess fee for last month. No explanation of how much over. Whe I go into the broadband usage tracker on my dashboard, it shows a total for the month of 974849 MB, which is under the "FUP" of 1TB. I'd like this credited back ASAP please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

whiterebel wrote: »
    I have been charged €9.99 excess fee for last month. No explanation of how much over. Whe I go into the broadband usage tracker on my dashboard, it shows a total for the month of 974849 MB, which is under the "FUP" of 1TB. I'd like this credited back ASAP please.
    Hi whiterebel ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thomas, I have already contacted both Customer support and faults earlier this ,onto about the unbeliavable increases in usage. Both departments said they can't see any record of usage, and can only go on what is shown on the dashboard. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of point ringing a premium number to be told the same again. If you can’t show how or when I exceeded the usage, I want that excess fee refunded. Just to repeat, the meter shows I used less than the "FUP". Of course it also states unlimited right under it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

whiterebel wrote: »
    Thomas, I have already contacted both Customer support and faults earlier this ,onto about the unbeliavable increases in usage within days. Both departments said they can't see any record of usage, and can only go on what is shown on the dashboard. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of point ringing a premium number to be told the same again. If you can’t show how or when I exceeded the usage, I want that excess fee refunded. Just to repeat, the meter shows I used less than the "FUP". Of course it also states unlimited right under it.
    In order to have this looked into, you will need to contact our support team. We cannot organise credits through this channel.

Thanks

Thomas

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

What an interesting morning. Called 1901 rather than 1890 (Which costs me) and spoke to a lady in Billings.
    I told her that I had been billed excess usage, yet the ever reliable usage meter in my dashboard showed I hadn't.
    The lady got all flustered. 
    Eir:"You are charged a month in advance, as we can't tell what the usage will be."
    Me:"The line rental and standing charge are a month in advance, but the usage is charged the month after, June is charged in July....."
    Eir;"Its invoiced from the reset date on 12th June, so you went over."
    Me:"No, it resets on the 1st of the month, every month.
    "No, to doesn't."
    "Yes it does"
    The above 2 sentences were repeated for a few moments........
    Me: "My dashboard shows me the figures per month. I watch the end of the month like a hawk to ensure I don't go over.It reset to zero on July 1st. Can I just advise you that whatever you say in this call will be part of a case to be brought to ComReg, because Eir don't seem to know what they are doing, yet raising charges for services they can't prove"
    Eir: "Your bill was raised on 12th June, so it covers May......:
    Me: "I'm looking at my bill, and it says it is dated July 2nd."
    Eir: "Can I put you on hold for a minute?"
    Me: "Okay"
    Call mysteriously dropped..........
    Called Eir. Spoke to Gavin. 
    "Any record of a call in the last few minutes from me about BB usage, Gavin?"
    Gavin: "No, not that I can see."
    Me: "Quelle surpris" Explained the whole sorry tale to Gavin.
    Gavin checked my account. "You were billed in error, there is no excess usage. I'll credit you for that now."
    Thank you Gavin, a gentleman.
    Be like Gavin.

I'm counting down the days until my contract is up.

Advertisement