Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fast Track Vodafone

Options
  • 04-07-2018 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057886707

Its a great bargain alert but is there a chance that Dublin Airport will shoot themselves in the airport.

Fast Track only works because of the people that know how to use it. Minimal luggage. Laptop out straight away. Liquids in bag etc. I love fast track, and always through quickly.

Am I know going to have to line up with Johnny and Mary and their 2 kids plus the kitchen sink that they are taking on their week to Santa Ponza!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 frogone

I totally agree, and if the DAA staff didn’t use it as an ‘overflow’ it would work as it’s supposed to! Some days it’s incredilby slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Selling widespread access to anything like this ruins it and just eventually begets another level of "premium". Expect "super-fast-track" lane in a few years that's 5x the price.

That said, I used the Irish Times readers freebies a few years ago :pac: Always buy it when going through T1 and they coincided with a Norwegian flight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I used it earlier this morning and got through in about two minutes.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Hope it doesn’t ruin fast track. That thread got a bit ridiculous when a single poster gave out codes to a man, his wife and four small kids. One person shouldn’t be able to generate so many codes.

Wouldn’t want to be stuck behind them after paying for fast track on my ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HaloThere

Looking for one more code please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

L1011 wrote: »
    Selling widespread access to anything like this ruins it and just eventually begets another level of "premium". Expect "super-fast-track" lane in a few years that's 5x the price.

That said, I used the Irish Times readers freebies a few years ago :pac: Always buy it when going through T1 and they coincided with a Norwegian flight

Super-fast-ttack already exists in DUB ;)

https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the-airport/travel-services/platinum-services?=AW-DATS-PS&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhvO1kZ6S3AIVrrvtCh0r1QjQEAAYASAAEgIeVvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Went though this morning at 8:40. Two business people followed by a family of 5 with two buggies, a family of 4 within one buggy then a two pair of couples.

All but the two business people and myself on that Vodafone offer. What usually takes 2-3 minutes took 15 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Had something similar last week when I used it, we were standing behind a large family with buggys and toddlers who waited until they got to the desk to start rummaging through the bags for the items to be removed. instead of sending them to the side to sort themselves out the security girl started helping them sort their liquids into various bags while we all stood there. All very nice I'm sure but the people standing behind had paid a premium to avoid queueing behind people like this.
    Also noticed a couple of people from the normal queues ducking in under the tape to join the fast track queue.

I had a free fast track pass, the person I was travelling with had bought one with their DAA car parking, it cost €6.99 and included a free Butler's coffee..!
    Most people travelling through the airport would likely have a coffee making this an absolute bargain, pretty soon there won't be any point in having fast track at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

can i ask if anyone knows with fast track what if you booked an incorrect time on it is it useless then tried changing the time and it wont work. booked it for 5.30 am instead of 6.15am. will it be useless if i go up at 6.15am to use the fast track tried contacting airport no reply since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

It don't matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057886707
    Am I know going to have to line up with Johnny and Mary and their 2 kids plus the kitchen sink that they are taking on their week to Santa Ponza!!!!

If you don't like running into Johnny, Mary and the two kids, take the boat.
    Believe me, you are no more privileged than they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Have you taken a ferry recently?

Club Class on the ferry is still superior to flying. Otherwise...

I don't mind running into Johnny and Mary and the two kids I just don't want to get stuck behind them at security if they haven't gotten their **** together before they get to the belt.
    I have it down to a fine art and can walk through in under thirty seconds, I don't expect everyone to be as efficient but woe betide anyone in front of me who waits until they get to the belt to go start looking for the items that need to be removed for screening...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Amen Brother!

People who have no clue at security are the vain of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Never knew about this until now. Going on holiday in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Apologies to anybody I held up recently. I had 5 people to check through fast pass, tbh I'd have been quicker not bothering going through fast pass as I had to open each email for the fast pass, scan it...then find the associated boarding card in the aer lingus app (can't remember if that was scanned too). Took a good bit of time. :eek: Free coffee and butlers chocolate was great though. I'll be printing the pass for my next flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

Bought and used it two weeks ago. Free coffee now from The Chocolate Lounge.

I use it all the time now, the free coffee is a double bonus...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

I don't mind running into Johnny and Mary and the two kids I just don't want to get stuck behind them at security if they haven't gotten their **** together before they get to the belt.

Honestly I think its a mixed bag when it comes to this. I have seen all ranges of travellers act the maggot when it comes to security.

I have two young kids myself and I wouldn't dare wait until the last minute but it can be difficult sometimes if one starts to act up and you are trying to take off watches, phones, belts plus putting a couple of bags into the tray and also close a buggy too. :)

PCros wrote: »

Honestly I think its a mixed bag when it comes to this. I have seen all ranges of travellers act the maggot when it comes to security.

I have two young kids myself and I wouldn't dare wait until the last minute but it can be difficult sometimes if one starts to act up and you are trying to take off watches, phones, belts plus putting a couple of bags into the tray and also close a buggy too. :)

No problem, take your time but just do it in the normal queue, Fast track just isn’t designed for you...

• Advertisement

This offer is running again

Gael23 wrote: »

Ssshhhh, don't tell everyone, it's high season, it'll be like the Ryanair "priority" queue...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

But limited to 5 no? (Per month) Not like previous case where you could have unlimited codes?

But limited to 5 no? (Per month) Not like previous case where you could have unlimited codes?

I have every reason to believe it was highly abused last year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Yea limited to 5 codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Any Vodafone customers want to PM me two codes? Flying out this weekend and it could be very helpful!

(Not sure if it works like that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I have every reason to believe it was highly abused last year

I don't think the word "abused" is appropriate for a voucher that was supplied on an unlimited basis.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭marcos_94

Ssshhhh, don't tell everyone, it's high season, it'll be like the Ryanair "priority" queue...

Im flying early tomorrow morning so would appreciate the extra 15 minutes in bed! Where in the vodafone app do I find it? Cant find it in the offers section

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

marcos_94 wrote: »
    Im flying early tomorrow morning so would appreciate the extra 15 minutes in bed! Where in the vodafone app do I find it? Cant find it in the offers section

Are you bill pay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭marcos_94

Are you bill pay?

Iv just found the terms on the vodafone website and saw its Bill Pay only. Thats a shame

Advertisement