Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crutches - Ryanair/Dub Airport

Options
  • 04-07-2018 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Flying Ryanair next week (6 hrs before strike!) with a child who may be on crutches - recovering from broken ankle, boot due to come off this Friday after final hosp visit.
    Not sure she'll be able to get through airport easily.
    Two questions:
    1. if she needs assistance (i.e. wheelchair) - what's best way to organise this?
    2. if she needs to bring crutches with her (and I think she will anyway), do I need to inform Ryanair?
    Thanks

ETA: I've emailed Special Assistance in Dublin Airport just now, and checked the website - but can't see anything about crutches. Just thought a Boardie might have this info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Go into your booking and add on airport assistance. They'll bring you thought the airport in a golf cart or wheelchair

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

Ryanair webchat was surprisingly good on this - must have been the relief from irate customers with cancelled / threatened flight queries.
    Webchat special assistance agent (!) has allocated my husband to sit next to daughter; booking has been flagged special assistance; crutches ok for boarding and will then be put in the hold; apparently we just need to go to special assistance desk and wheelchair will be made available to us. Remains to be seen if that will all actually happen but it all looks good. Just have to find the SA desk - she didn’t really answer that question - said we couldn’t miss it! And not sure if any assistance will be available on landing - she didn’t really answer that either. Will be grand I hope.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Special Assistance is over by escalators that lead up to the Food Court in T1.. can't miss it

conor_ie wrote: »
    .. can't miss it

Like she said .... 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

grazer wrote: »
    Ryanair webchat was surprisingly good on this - must have been the relief from irate customers with cancelled / threatened flight queries.
    Webchat special assistance agent (!) has allocated my husband to sit next to daughter; booking has been flagged special assistance; crutches ok for boarding and will then be put in the hold; apparently we just need to go to special assistance desk and wheelchair will be made available to us. Remains to be seen if that will all actually happen but it all looks good. Just have to find the SA desk - she didn’t really answer that question - said we couldn’t miss it! And not sure if any assistance will be available on landing - she didn’t really answer that either. Will be grand I hope.

Crutches will go in the overhead locker, not the hold.

• Advertisement

Fagashlil wrote: »
    Crutches will go in the overhead locker, not the hold.
    Even better.

Advertisement