Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling water in the park

• 04-07-2018 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi there,

Really not sure if this is the right place to post this, please move if not.

Recently bought a converted horsebox for selling good coffee at events etc, but currently just operating from the park on Saturdays. I am interested in the environment, sustainable living etc and want this new business to reflect that - so I am trying to go completely plastic free.

The coffee is going well, but people have been asking for water especially in this hot weather. I don't want to sell plastic bottles, but I also don't want a park user or animal to get lacerated on a carelessly discarded bottle. I have considered including a deposit in the charge for a glass bottle which will be refunded on the return of the bottle - I see this being done for milk bottles. But not sure people will go for it.
    Plus I don't know if I'm actually allowed to sell glass bottles.

So my questions are -
    Can I?
    Should I?
    And if not is there an alternative? I have tanks of water for the coffee so it's not like I'm hooked up to the mains to give out tap water.

Thanks very much,

Damien

Comments

Advertisement