Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile device in caravan

Options
  • 04-07-2018 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi 

I'm from Belfast and I have a caravan in Donegal. Every year I top up an eir Huawei MBB device with a 180 day pass. However this year I have discovered this plan has been discontinued. I see it is now a 30 day plan that we have to text a number with a keyword to activate. My problem is I only have a northern mobile phone and can't text the number. Does anybody know how i can add a bolt on to my device as a regular €50 top up lasts no time at all. Can i add a bolt on without texting?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭RGB LDN

Davidf0711 wrote: »
    Hi 

I'm from Belfast and I have a caravan in Donegal. Every year I top up an eir Huawei MBB device with a 180 day pass. However this year I have discovered this plan has been discontinued. I see it is now a 30 day plan that we have to text a number with a keyword to activate. My problem is I only have a northern mobile phone and can't text the number. Does anybody know how i can add a bolt on to my device as a regular €50 top up lasts no time at all. Can i add a bolt on without texting?

Thanks in advance
    You'd have to send the text from the mobile broadband device itself, as it's linked to the eir SIM.
    If you connect a device, like your phone, to the Wi-Fi hotspot and type in 192.168.8.1 into your web browser - the username & password should be "admin" - it'll let you log into the router.
    When you log into the router you can go ahead and click on the tab that says SMS and then text the number & offer code there.
    You should get a confirmation text & be good to go.
    Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭theyoungchap

Hi 

Thanks in advance
    You should have brought the Travel Scrabble....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi 

Thanks in advance
    Hi Davidf0711 ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement