Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gsm dialler relay

Options
  • 05-07-2018 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

I have a gsm dialler connected to my HKC 8/12. In the last few days I have noticed a clicking noise coming from the dialler as if a relay is pulling in and out. Opened the unit this morning as I have the Eng code and can see nothing obvious. The clicking seems to be coming from a solid state relay rather large in size with a white product sticker on it. I am getting all the texts from the unit as normal and I have two aux outputs controlling lights and they work fine. The clicking noise stops during the day so any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Send a photo of Dialler unit.if it is the hkc dialler you wont get text.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Thanks David. I can’t upload a photo but it is a genuine HKC dialler installed in 2012. As I said the text function is working fine I just tested it using the **** status and got an instant reply. And all status info looks correct

If it was installed 2012, its the hkc 1070. If its a dialler on board im surprised its sending you text messages, Because that option is gone unless you fit a GSM.

The main panel is a secuewatch 8/12 installed in 2010 and the GSM dialler was installed in 2012. Picture of GSM dialler. Relay circled seems to be where the noise is coming from

Not a dialler its a GSM-P

• Advertisement

Ok so any idea why the solid state relay is pulling in and out ?

Have you got credit on the sim card?

Yep credit on the card. Can carry out all the text functions no problem just can hear this relay pulling in and out. It usually happens in the morning and can last a couple of hours and then stop.

Are you sure there is not a relay for something else inside panel, those GSM GAVE NO PROBLEMS.

Advertisement