Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to change email in myeir asked for password for confirmation but mine too long

Options
  • 05-07-2018 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I am trying to change the email attached to my my eir account. The form asks for my password for confirmation. My current password is 12 characters long (I know this as I used it to log into my eir).

The password input box on the my eir site stipulates a password length of between 6 to 10 characters only.

I am unable to update my email as a result.

Any help would be appreciated. I can't even change my current password either as the the current one won't fit into the input box on the form.

As an aside, why does eir enforce a password length of only 6 to 10 characters? I use a password manager and probably every other site I use (there are lots) accepts my 16 character auto-generated passwords without issue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

mr kr0nik wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I am trying to change the email attached to my my eir account. The form asks for my password for confirmation. My current password is 12 characters long (I know this as I used it to log into my eir).

The password input box on the my eir site stipulates a password length of between 6 to 10 characters only.

Any help would be appreciated. I can't even change my current password either as the the current one won't fit into the input box on the form.

As an aside, why does eir enforce a password length of only 6 to 10 characters? I use a password manager and probably every other site I use (there are lots) accepts my 16 character auto-generated passwords without issue.
    Hi mr kr0nik,

This is not something that we can change.

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Hi there,

Hi mr kr0nik,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Thomas
    Ok then, how do I go about changing my my eir email address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi there,

Hi mr kr0nik,

Thanks

Thomas
    I'm not entirely sure what it is your looking to do? can you please clarify?

Thanks

Thomas

Hi there,

Hi mr kr0nik,

Thanks

Thomas
    I'm not entirely sure what it is your looking to do? can you please clarify?

Thanks

Thomas
    I would like to change the email address attached to my "my eir" account. The online self-help portal allows this but you need to enter your current password to apply it.

My current password is 12 characters long and the site won't accept anything more than 10 characters (despite being able to log into the site in the first place).

I also can't change my current password to something within your guidelines (6 to 10 characters) as I need to enter my current password there as well which also isn't accepted.

Here's a screenshot of the my eir portal. There are two input boxes for email address when updating it but I need to enter my current password as well. My current password won't fit into the input box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Will it accept the first ten characters of your password?

Or try changing your password to a 10 character one and try entering the first ten characters of your current password to confirm?

Ten Pin wrote: »

Or try changing your password to a 10 character one and try entering the first ten characters of your current password to confirm?
    OK I've updated my password thanks.

Now, when I try to update the email address attached to my account, it takes it, logs me out and tells me..

Success
    Your email address has been successfully updated.
    Log out using the button below and check your email to confirm new email address.

I then get an error message saying ...

Unknown email address
    We don't recognise the email you entered. Please check and try again.

OK I've updated my password thanks.

Now, when I try to update the email address attached to my account, it tells me..

Success
    Your email address has been successfully updated.
    Log out using the button below and check your email to confirm new email address.

When I try to log in with the new email address I then get an error message saying ...

Unknown email address
    We don't recognise the email you entered. Please check and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

...check your email to confirm new email address.

Did they send an email? Sometimes it needs to be verified by opening a link in a verification email. Not sure what eir's procedure is but it could be that.

Did they send an email? Sometimes it needs to be verified by opening a link in a verification email. Not sure what eir's procedure is but it could be that.
    And... thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

And... thank you.
    Hi mr Kr0nik, 

I'm delighted to hear that you have got your issue sorted now. Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Ten Pin, 

Thanks for your assistance here, appreciate it :)

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Ten Pin, 

Thanks for your assistance here, appreciate it :)

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement