Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling ireland licences queary

Options
  • 05-07-2018 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey guys I held a leisure licence with cycling ireland the last few years. Last week i upgraded to get an a4 race licence. When i got my first licence i got a card with a licence number on it.
    I am just wondering will i receive another card with a different licence number for racing. Or when i go to the races i just give the licence number on the 1st card i got.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Hey guys I held a leisure licence with cycling ireland the last few years. Last week i upgraded to get an a4 race licence. When i got my first licence i got a card with a licence number on it.
    I am just wondering will i receive another card with a different licence number for racing. Or when i go to the races i just give the licence number on the 1st card i got.

You should get a new card along with your race numbers through the post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Sorry I don't mean to sound thick - but we have cycle licences ?

Would that not be a good thing rolled out more ?

Good luck in the races - we need another TdeF winner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Sorry I don't mean to sound thick - but we have cycle licences ?

If you're a member of Cycling Ireland (required by most clubs) - the basic license provides insurance cover for club training, sportives etc; extra license is needed for racing
    Would that not be a good thing rolled out more ?

in what sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

You'll get a new licence, race number for the bike and 2 race numbers for your jersey. They told me it'd be over a week, but I had the envelope in a couple of days. The impression I got was they only do print ones once a week or once a fortnight.

They say you need both to race, but they also say all A4 is pre reg only, but there appears to be a couple coming up without a pre reg option!

loyatemu wrote: »
    If you're a member of Cycling Ireland (required by most clubs) - the basic license provides insurance cover for club training, sportives etc; extra license is needed for racing

in what sense?

Well off the top of my head - some bikes can cost a load of money, you register your bike, pay a small fee and it's insured ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Well off the top of my head - some bikes can cost a load of money, you register your bike, pay a small fee and it's insured ?

no your bike is not insured - you are insured for if you crash into someone whilst "training" - the details of the cover are on the CI website.

If you want your bike covered talk to your home insurance provider - it's usually quite expensive though with a high excess.

loyatemu wrote: »
    no your bike is not insured - you are insured for if you crash into someone whilst "training" - the details of the cover are on the CI website.

If you want your bike covered talk to your home insurance provider - it's usually quite expensive though with a high excess.

That's my thoughts, seems a bit prohibitive no ?

I have a laptop worth 600 euro and the insurance is only a fiver a month. Separate policy.

But if your bike is damaged, you're out of pocket one way or another. Seems a tad unfair ? (I'm not a cyclist btw!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

That's my thoughts, seems a bit prohibitive no ?

I have a laptop worth 600 euro and the insurance is only a fiver a month. Separate policy.

But if your bike is damaged, you're out of pocket one way or another. Seems a tad unfair ? (I'm not a cyclist btw!)

Buy a bike. Then buy another bike and keep it locked in the attic! After two years it will have paid for itself and if the first bike is stolen, take the 2nd one down from the attic! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rivermansteve

Inquitus wrote: »
    You should get a new card along with your race numbers through the post.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

I have a laptop worth 600 euro and the insurance is only a fiver a month.
    I tried claiming on house insurance for something electrical worth £250 punts many moons ago. When I got in touch they got back saying that item is only worth £50 now as it was 2/3 years old and that's all they would give me. Rip off merchants...Insurance is not worth the hassle unless it's for house or car, Motorcycle..B**ta*ds:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement