Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NQT From Northern Ireland

• 05-07-2018 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I’m an recent graduate from St Mary’s Uni College NI, with BEd in business studies. I am applying for fixed term jobs in Dublin, however on education post the amount of jobs has decreased considerably. Does this mean my chances are slim because I’m too late ? Do you think I’ll be at a disadvantage due to being educated in NI? Any advice to someone who knows no one in the system?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Jbrown311 wrote: »
    Hi I’m an recent graduate from St Mary’s Uni College NI, with BEd in business studies. I am applying for fixed term jobs in Dublin, however on education post the amount of jobs has decreased considerably. Does this mean my chances are slim because I’m too late ? Do you think I’ll be at a disadvantage due to being educated in NI? Any advice to someone who knows no one in the system?

Thank you

Business Studies is popular enough so competition might be high. Also July is typically when the Principal High tails it for the holidays, so you'll see a bit of a drop off until August.

Have you looked on the ETB websites also! They're literally and metaphorically a bit all over the place https://etbvacancies.thehirelab.com/etb
    I think there's a City of Dublin ETB also but can't see any vacancies. Sometimes they interview for a panel (no school named) then if you do ok in the interview your name goes down on a list and you get a random phonecall a few months later when you least expect it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

You are not at a disadvantage to be trained in Northern Ireland. In fact , I know of a school principal that loves to get Northern Irish/ UK trained teachers because of the high calibre of grads. Make sure you have your NI clearance and apply early to the teaching council of Ireland so they can assess your qualification. Good luck with your applications :)

Advertisement