Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor 4G CPE POE

• 05-07-2018 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I have built an outdoor POE powered 4g cpe for use with an external antenna using a B593 router. Powering the router from 130 ft away is something i need folks help with.......I have attached a picture of what im trying to achieve here.

- out door antenna
    - attached to a Huawei B593 (12v, 2amp rating, also suitable for POE)
    - Outdoor waterproof cpe (to house router)
    - 130ft of Cat5 POE
    - Antenna must be on this side of the building for coverage

A standard POE injector kit will not be able to carry the necessary power draw using the B593's provided power supply. Its important to make sure the router has all the power it needs as the 4g signal will be dependent on it.
    How am I best achieving this POE supply without installing expensive POE switches?

Any advice on this welcome. Thanking you

.............................................................................................

Edit: Im not able to add pictures!

So the outdoor cpe and antenna are on one side of the building (side with coverage)...the draw is approx 130ft to the unit in ....from my unit, I will have POE plus a router for the office.
    I do not have access to any of the rest of the building, only my own unit (so powering the outdoor router directly is not an option )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

- attached to a Huawei B593 (12v, 2amp rating, also suitable for POE)

Is it suitable for POE? Spec sheet says nothing about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Back-stick-of-HUAWEI-B593u-12.jpg

12v, 2A Supply. AKA 24W.

.3af is only 13W, .3at is 25W so cutting it close, .3b5 is 51W so perfect for what you want.

If you haven't run the cabling already I'd run a simple two core in parallel to feed it 12v and leave your eth just for eth. If this isnt possible you'll need a PoE DCV extractor and a small 48v to 12v transformer increasing points of failure.

Advertisement