Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan property market

Options
  • 05-07-2018 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi there,

Will be viewing houses in Lucan soon and noticed there are lots of houses for sale on daft.. 6 pages most of the time.

Just wondering if anyone has been viewing or bought in the area recently, with a high volume of houses for sale is there still lots of bidding wars etc?

Theres also a couple of new estates popped up recently .

Am trying to prepare myself for what seems the hell of house hunting, bidding wars etc! Hoping the fact that theres lots for sale it may not be as crazy as other areas.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ACADasltiv

Can't offer much by way of advice in relation to bidding, but I wouldn't take the large number of properties for sale as meaning it'll be easier than other areas. Lucan's a big town with a population of over 45k. There's a similar number of properties available in Clondalkin, Castleknock and other big towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

My wife and I had been househunting in Lucan since around last September and only managed to get sale agreed last month despite bidding on several properties. However, on a majority of occasions we lost out because we were in a chain and other bidders were not. So, that could be a big factor in how easy it would be for you.

All in all, i'd say it's not crazy compared to what you hear about other areas of Dublin. Most places we looked at went for within the ballpark of 5% over asking, while 10-20% seems to be the norm in other areas, at least anecdotedly. We managed to get sale agreed for a little over 2% more than asking. All in all, my experience was that crazy bidding wars weren't the norm and most of the agencies were more concerned about timing. We never felt overly pressured at any point to increase bids or got the impression competing bids were fake. Having said all that, we were looking within certain areas and certain price ranges, so might not apply for the whole Lucan market.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jc11

My wife and I had been househunting in Lucan since around last September and only managed to get sale agreed last month despite bidding on several properties. However, on a majority of occasions we lost out because we were in a chain and other bidders were not.

Congrats on finally finding a house!

We are the same as in there are only certain estates that we want, but there does seem to be a good amount going up for sale.

Great to see in your experience it was only around 5% over asking in general, I was also hearing stories about 20% over asking (in general, not lucan specifically) and was totally freaking out!

We are looking at moy glas, griffeen amd surrounding areas. Houses seem to sell quick.. we are waiting for mortgage approval letter before we can bid. We wont be in a chain so hopefully that will help.

Thanks, great to get some insight from someone who has gone through it, best of luck in your new home

Advertisement