Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android to Apple

Options
  • 05-07-2018 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi,

I can't find a recent thread - apologies if there is one.

I moved from iPhone to Android about 8 years ago and it almost broke my heart as at the time they weren't making it easy for people to move from one to another i.e. calendar was a big issue.

Is it actually made easy these days or are there glitches and I will probably lose some information? I'm reading articles on websites that do say it's simple, but I'd like to get an answer from someone here (not being paid to write their thoughts) who has moved or has knowledge of the moving.

I exclusively use my Google account to back everything up - contacts, messages, photos.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apple.movetoios&hl=en

don't read the reviews, most are written by childish people who don't think people should move OS'.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apple.movetoios&hl=en

don't read the reviews, most are written by childish people who don't think people should move OS'.

That's great, thanks a mil for that.

I can't believe that's still an argument that's going on!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I recently went from android to apple - very reluctantly but work provided the phone. Most google apps work fine, my contacts and calendar transferred instantly. I can’t say the same of music and other media. Quite frankly I hate this Apple phone, it’s so user unfriendly, even the dialer is infuriating. I can’t wait to swap back.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

theteal wrote: »
    I recently went from android to apple - very reluctantly but work provided the phone.

Carry two phones? it's what I do. iPhone 7 Plus (personal), iPhone 6S (work). It has upsides and downsides. Upsides I put the work phone in DND at 5:30 and it goes on my kitchen table when I arrive home. Downsides both jean pockets carry a phone.

Carry two phones? it's what I do. iPhone 7 Plus (personal), iPhone 6S (work). It has upsides and downsides. Upsides I put the work phone in DND at 5:30 and it goes on my kitchen table when I arrive home. Downsides both jean pockets carry a phone.

Yeah I know someone who has an iPhone and a Samsung. I was going to ask them about moving from one to another but he's had both versions for a number of years so wouldn't do a lot of transferring between OS's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Found Android to Apple straightforward in general except WhatsApp which is a pain to switch devices. Reason is Android backs up to Google Drive and IOS backs up to iCloud with no ability for either device to pull backups from the other platform.

Had to use a computer program in the end, which wasn't free, physically plugging in both devices to transfer over.

Found Android to Apple straightforward in general except WhatsApp which is a pain to switch devices. Reason is Android backs up to Google Drive and IOS backs up to iCloud with no ability for either device to pull backups from the other platform.

Had to use a computer program in the end, which wasn't free, physically plugging in both devices to transfer over.

:D Ah yes, the exact problem I ran into when I changed over!

I found that software you're talking about but I wasn't willing to pay so I just left the messages on my android.

It's such a pain that they've blocked that transfer over, when they've made everything else so straight-forward.

Advertisement