Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan application

Options
  • 05-07-2018 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I applied for a loan back in 28th June.After confirming that I work in my company by a letter.I got pre-approved and got sent the documents necessary to sign.I also had to sent my work contract so I did all of that.I had to wait for a week before i went to my local branch and got told that the documents never arived/got lost, so I had to resend it once again.So basically the same story waiting another week for any update and nothing is coming... So i went to my local branch once again and got told that my contract is an probation contract and that might be a problem.But i havent got an answer whenever will i get the founds or not.Basically I still dont know what is the story with the loan and i just want an answer as simple as YES or NO.I went to my local branch yesterday and told one of your representatives that i want an answer till tomorrow which is on this day, since I am dealing with the loan for more then a month and I still dont have a clear answer.Still no one is eager to contact me.The customer service is very disappointing seems like you dont even care about the customer.Ive been with you for 5 and half years.Had consistent income for years now.And just because I changed work recently and I am on probation you are very hesitate to approve the loan.So once again I am asking to give me a clear answer whenever I am getting the loan or not.Because you are keeping me waiting long enough.And I dont know if should I quit your bank and try with a different one.Thanks.

Comments

I find BOI alright to deal with, but only over the phone. In-branch has long been a waste of time to do anything other than withdraw or deposit large amounts of money.

I dunno if BOI are the same as everyone else or if each lender is different, but, similar to you, I find they're very reluctant to lend anybody anything at all. I'm self employed, and they said that based on my annual income, they could only offer me a maximum loan of X amount (for home improvements), which worked out at approximately 15% of my previous years income.

15% :rolleyes:. Which would be fine if I was agreeing to repay the loan back in a single year, but this was supposed to be over 3-4 years. Talk about playing it safe.

(as an aside, i did accept the loan, but had it paid back in about 2 months).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi, I applied for a loan back in 28th June.After confirming that I work in my company by a letter.I got pre-approved and got sent the documents necessary to sign.I also had to sent my work contract so I did all of that.I had to wait for a week before i went to my local branch and got told that the documents never arived/got lost, so I had to resend it once again.So basically the same story waiting another week for any update and nothing is coming... So i went to my local branch once again and got told that my contract is an probation contract and that might be a problem.But i havent got an answer whenever will i get the founds or not.Basically I still dont know what is the story with the loan and i just want an answer as simple as YES or NO.I went to my local branch yesterday and told one of your representatives that i want an answer till tomorrow which is on this day, since I am dealing with the loan for more then a month and I still dont have a clear answer.Still no one is eager to contact me.The customer service is very disappointing seems like you dont even care about the customer.Ive been with you for 5 and half years.Had consistent income for years now.And just because I changed work recently and I am on probation you are very hesitate to approve the loan.So once again I am asking to give me a clear answer whenever I am getting the loan or not.Because you are keeping me waiting long enough.And I dont know if should I quit your bank and try with a different one.Thanks.

Hi kucharskirad

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Did you apply for the loan online, over the phone or through a Branch? We're very sorry to hear no further update has been received after submitting the documents requested. Have you been in contact with our Lending Advisors, they can check on the application for you. They're available Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and Sat 10am-2pm and can be contacted on 0818 200 334.

Any further questions please do get back in touch with us here.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement