Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Karma's a bitch innit?

• 05-07-2018 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-44728507
    At least two suspected rhino poachers have been mauled to death and eaten by lions on a South African game reserve, officials say.

Rangers discovered the remains of two, possibly three, people in a lion enclosure in the Sibuya reserve, near the south-east town of Kenton-on-Sea.

A high-powered rifle and an axe were also found.

These kind of articles always put a smile on my face.
    "We're not sure how many there were - there's not much left of them."

:D

(yes yes terribly sad, people died, poor families* yada yada yada)

(*actually I would have some measure of sympathy for the families who may be left without a breadwinner)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Looks like suicide to me. I hope the authorities investigate this pawperley and don’t jump to catclusions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

They are poaching because of the demand for the ivory. Wouldn't the Karma here be better if it was the idiots in Asia who think ivory has healing powers who got devoured by lions instead of those who are presumably living in poverty, and presumably with families, scratching what living they can in this shady 'business'.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Campogna

valoren wrote: »
    They are poaching because of the demand for the ivory. Wouldn't the Karma here be better if it was the idiots in Asia who think ivory has healing powers who got devoured by lions instead of those who are presumably living in poverty, presumably with families, and scratching what living they can in this shady 'business'.

sometimes it would be better if we were the ones going extinct

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They are poaching because of the demand for the ivory. Wouldn't the Karma here be better if it was the idiots in Asia who think ivory has healing powers who got devoured by lions instead of those who are presumably living in poverty and scratching what living they can in this shady 'business'.

It's not the poor involved in this Rhino horn business.

It's a highly organised multi million dollar per year racket. The Asians are willing to pay top dollar for these horns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Looks like suicide to me. I hope the authorities investigate this pawperley and don’t jump to catclusions.

Very poor puns. Must try harder. 2/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I hope the authorities investigate this pawperley and don’t jump to catclusions.

3/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

They are poaching because of the demand for the ivory. Wouldn't the Karma here be better if it was the idiots in Asia who think ivory has healing powers who got devoured by lions instead of those who are presumably living in poverty, and presumably with families, scratching what living they can in this shady 'business'.

That is true enough I guess.

But until that gets addressed properly (and I'm all for that) I don't mind the wildlife protecting themselves in the least.
    Campogna wrote: »

We're not doing so well minding the planet indeed :(

You would poach a rhino if it meant feeding your family. Save the hate for the circumstances and the demand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

damn whites telling Africans and Asians how to live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Lead by example.

• Advertisement

It’s total nimbyism. How about we start dropping lions around your Gaf mister “ oh the lions are getting extinct”.
    The sooner these wild animals are taken out of circulation the better. What if it had of been children stumbling in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Live by the sabre - die by the sabre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

27648bca09d4b4ac1cccde79d11e1912.jpg

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Lead by example.

i'm not the one killing endangered species... i just use the wrong leap card to save money. i'm a good person, i swear. :)

i'm not the one killing endangered species... i just use the wrong leap card to save money. i'm a good person, i swear. :)

Would you house a lion if they came here to seek safety from the poaching in their country?

It’s total nimbyism. How about we start dropping lions around your Gaf mister “ oh the lions are getting extinct”.
    The sooner these wild animals are taken out of circulation the better. What if it had of been children stumbling in there.

We could definitely do without those leatherback sea turtles! They take up so much space in the ocean, we'll have nowhere to put our plastic soon!

Would you house a lion if they came here to seek safety from the poaching in their country?

I'd stick him in Dublin Zoo and dose him up with happy pills so he doesn't look so miserable in captivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I'd stick him in Dublin Zoo and dose him up with happy pills so he doesn't look so miserable in captivity.

It's a bit like when 2 scumbags kill each other. Nobody really cares until an innocent person is the victim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The Chinese seem to think the bones and horns of rare animals carry incredible medicinal properties. Real karma would be if it turned out it was poisoning them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Poaching for ivory will soon be a thing of the past hopefully
    https://techcrunch.com/2015/04/27/cuzscience/?guccounter=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's not the poor involved in this Rhino horn business.

It's a highly organised multi million dollar per year racket. The Asians are willing to pay top dollar for these horns.

It's the poor saps that got eaten here. Paid a pittance compared to what the final product makes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Nothing worse than people gloryfyin a poachers death, just because the loveable rogue down the village drowned while poaching a salmon, I don't think it's morally right to think it's right.

It's usually lefties, vegans, femminists, manginas and narcissists who think savagery reflected is karma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

The Asians are willing to pay top dollar for these horns.

Be specific what "Asians" are willing to pay for Rhino horn. I have never seen it mentioned in Chinese medicine..... you might look closer at the daggers of South west Asia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

nthclare wrote: »
    Nothing worse than people gloryfyin a poachers death, just because the loveable rogue down the village drowned while poaching a salmon, I don't think it's morally right to think it's right.

It's usually lefties, vegans, femminists, manginas and narcissists who think savagery reflected is karma.

well comparing rhino to fish is def on the scale with vegans and the likes, and sad that those in poverty kill animals that are almost extinct but as other poster mentioned its more those in asia that would deserve proper karma, as they like to use every bit of any large animal for whatever f***d up illness or benefit they come up with. not only daggers in japan they would use it to make signature stamps and other crap asia fits without going country by country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I'd have went with "conCLAWsions" meself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Chaos Tourist

There is no evil, but that it brings some good -- old Russian proverb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Karma is a bitch...if it existed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

scamalert wrote: »
    well comparing rhino to fish is def on the scale with vegans and the likes, and sad that those in poverty kill animals that are almost extinct but as other poster mentioned its more those in asia that would deserve proper karma, as they like to use every bit of any large animal for whatever f***d up illness or benefit they come up with. not only daggers in japan they would use it to make signature stamps and other crap asia fits without going country by country.

I don't agree with poaching or endangering wildlife such as rhino's.

But I think some of these lefties thinking karma like that is a good thing its as sick as the intentions of the poachers...

Victor down the road poaches the odd salmon, they're endangered too,.

But I wouldn't be happy if his bloated body was found in 3 week's time in Liscannor bay....

Advertisement