Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help me decide

• 05-07-2018 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

I did a level 5 in applied social studies as a mature student this year. I applied to maynooth for social science and ITB for social care. I loved the maynooth campus on the open day. I then thought about the course content and put the social care in ITB as my number 1 and maynooth 2nd. I changed the order because I'm interested in working in a residential setting and thought the social science degree might not correlate with that. Ive just been offered social science in maynooth today and have accepted. I may get offered social care in blanch in august but im at a loss as of what to do. Id be doing philosophy and sociology in maynooth as part of degree. Im not sure what to do. To go to maynooth or what. If i thought i could work in residential with a social science degree then i will jump at it. Does anybody know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

To best of my knowledge to work as a social care worker you need to complete 800 hours of practice placement. I'm in residential and the company i'm with require that you have done the mandatory placements and have or be working towards a lev7 in social care, but other companys might be different, so a social care degree is probably more relevant . On the otherhand social science is an ideal route into social work.

Advertisement