Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intreo and JSA - Cork City

Options
  • 05-07-2018 8:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31

Was wondering if anyone had any experience of the Intreo on George's Quay. Unfortunately going to have to sign on for JSA.

Anyway, was wondering how strict they were? Like did you have to provide a mountain of paperwork to show that you were looking for work and so on? Were the staff friendly or can one expect to be grilled going in there for the interview with the case officer?

I would appreciate anyone sharing their experiences.

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭snottybridge

DeusVolt wrote: »
    Was wondering if anyone had any experience of the Intreo on George's Quay. Unfortunately going to have to sign on for JSA.

Anyway, was wondering how strict they were? Like did you have to provide a mountain of paperwork to show that you were looking for work and so on? Were the staff friendly or can one expect to be grilled going in there for the interview with the case officer?

I would appreciate anyone sharing their experiences.

Regards.

Fairly straightforward in my experience, when you go in you'll be given all the relevant documents to fill out, from what I remember you'll be given an appointment to return the documents, make sure you fill out everything fully and bring all the required documents back or it will delay you're claim, just a word of advice, if by chance you forget any documents or you're asked to bring additional information in at a later date make sure you hand them in personally to the hatch, don't use the postbox that are outside. You don't really get a grilling in the intreo office, that comes when you get passed on to Turas Nua on the South mall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 DeusVolt

Thanks for the response snottybridge. Much appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

From what I remember it's a fairly straight forward process. You wont really get a "grilling" as you said as along as you have all the correct documents and forms. At the end of the day these people are here to help you.
    Remember to have proof of all savings like credit union and not just bank.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Roki Vulovic

Yeah, no hassle at all. You don't get sat down and asked hard questions. Basically, the guy/gal takes your documents, might ask one or two questions, show them the forms they ask for and you are on your way. 2/3 minute job in my experience. I was worried they would take you into a room and ask you probing questions for 10/15 minutes. It is nothing like that.

There is nothing to worry about.

Advertisement