Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big caramello bar

Options
  • 05-07-2018 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My fiance is a massive fan of Cadbury's dairy milk Caramello bar but for some reason I can never find a large one, every other version of the dairy milk bars come on a larger version but not the Caramello, no matter where I look I cant find it.

Do they even exist? I'm asking because I want to get one as a surprise,has anyone seen or know where I can get one?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Are you looking for the quite big (100g) or really big (200g) size?

There definitely seems to be a 100g irish cadbury bar because these people have them: http://www.britishdelights.com/prod_cad183c.htm

New Zealand have a 200g bar but the chocolate might be a bit different:
    http://www.kingdomofsweets.com/cadbury-dairy-milk-caramello-200g.html

They have all kinds of strange and wonderful cadbury's bars in New Zealand, they've even got the long-lost and much missed Top Deck:
    http://www.kingdomofsweets.com/cadbury-dairy-milk-top-deck-200g.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Remember the days when you used to be able to get nearly every bar in 100g format. Every week going grocery shopping with mam I'd spend ages picking out which ones I wanted to buy...mint crisp, golden crisp (havne't had one of them in years!) and tiffin where my faves :D

edit: the cadbury.ie website does have a big caramello bar though
    https://www.cadbury.ie/products
    Maybe if you email cadbury they could tell you who stocks it? or try the pointy app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

I did email them

"Thank you for your enquiry, unfortunately the biggest size of the Dairy Milk Caramello bar is 47g. All comments and suggestions are passed onto our Marketing Team for the future consideration so please be assured no feedback goes unheard.

Once again thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards"

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Remember the days when you used to be able to get nearly every bar in 100g format. Every week going grocery shopping with mam I'd spend ages picking out which ones I wanted to buy...mint crisp, golden crisp (havne't had one of them in years!) and tiffin where my faves :D
    all the supermarkets would have a large display with all the 100g bars stacked neatly facing outwards.

Back in those days the price difference between mulitpack bars and singles ones was not as much. Its well over a decade since I last bought a single standard branded bar.

Tiffin was in my top 3 too.

Large caramellos are on ebay, but the prices are ludicrous. I wonder if there is a forwarding service from NZ or AUS as they are onsale online in their shops. But as said, the chocolate might be manky as they can change it to stop melting issues.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

sexmag wrote: »
    I did email them

"Thank you for your enquiry, unfortunately the biggest size of the Dairy Milk Caramello bar is 47g. All comments and suggestions are passed onto our Marketing Team for the future consideration so please be assured no feedback goes unheard.

Once again thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards"

Ah they seem to have the wrong picture up on the website so, when you click in it does talk about a caramel bar instead.
    Speaking of caramel, what happened to the bunny they used to use to advertise that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Hmm. Instead of a bed of roses, a bed of caramellos????

No? F*ck off Jaxxx? Ok.............

Advertisement