Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working week and overtime

Options
  • 05-07-2018 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

I regularly work overtime of a small number of hours per week. Overtime is paid after the fortieth, not the 39th hour at 'time and a half'. What determines the hours being overtime or standard? I am an hourly paid employee, obviously.
    Thanks for any information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

The 40’th hour is OT hour 1 anywhere I’ve worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

You get paid for overtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

PMBC wrote: »
    I regularly work overtime of a small number of hours per week. Overtime is paid after the fortieth, not the 39th hour at 'time and a half'. What determines the hours being overtime or standard? I am an hourly paid employee, obviously.
    Thanks for any information.

your contract determines when OT kicks in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

It should be outlined in your contract

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

i don#t qualify for o/t till i work 2 hrs, depends on whats in your contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

What's your regular working week hours? I am in work 40 hours per week, 8 hours a day Mon to Fri, but only get paid 39 as they dont pay us for 12 minutes of a break every day. Everything after that is time and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

SATSUMA wrote:
    I do alot of driving for work. For example i could drive to Cork from Dublin adding say 3 hours to my work day. Its only ever a one way trip. Are those 3 hours considered as part of my working week?

How is it a one way trip? Do you due they're and get respawned in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭huggy15

I work a 40 hour week Mon to Fri. Get paid standard hourly rate for 39 hours and time and a half for the 40th hour and any additional hours after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭shane b

I work a 40 hr week as per contract 8-4.30 every day and only get overtime for anything over the 40. Bit of a pain as the older staff are on 39 hr week contracts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Here's one for ye,

Over 39 is time and a half for me. Paid monthly.

BUT! Where the work week is split by the beginning of a new month it's tough tata! No overtime that week.

I'm assuming it's allowed as they've been at it for years.

Nothing about new month in contract...

• Advertisement
Advertisement