Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remember When FIFA Used to be Cool?

Options
  • 05-07-2018 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭

I mean it's fine like - it satisfies my itch to play a football game (as does PES) but there are a lot of things about FIFAs in the past that make me wish they would come back.
    • Custom Chants (FIFA 14)
    • EA Game Face (FIFA 09 - FIFA 15)
    • The UEFA License (Official UEFA Games by EA)
    • Full 90 Minute Matches
    • Indoor Football (FIFA 97)
    • Classic Teams (FIFA 2000)
    • Full Off-The-Ball Control (FIFA 2004)
    • In-Game Live Podcasts (FIFA 07 - FIFA 09)
    • Blatant Fouls (FIFA 99 - 2002)
    • Authentic Team Flags (FIFA 2003 - 2005)
    • Trance Music in the Soundtrack (FIFA 2003 - 2005)
    • Custom Team Downloads (Can't remember what one had it)
    • Stand-Alone World Cup/Euro Games
    • "The Road To World Cup" Mode (Should've been in FIFA 18 - not fair)

I have personally wanted classic teams to return the most, like what NBA 2K do. FIFA 2000 was the only FIFA game that let me play as the Lisbon Lions of 67.
    So many class features that we might not ever see again

Are there any other nifty things about past FIFA titles that you wish made a return?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ah sure they’ll bring those things back in the future and promote them as if they are some new super revelation like ‘knuckle shots’ and ‘ai that learns how you play so they adjust to your game’

• Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Sensible soccer was cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Actua Soccer was where it was at :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

Last time FIFA was my main football game, I could get the ref to chase me around the pitch trying to issue a booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

briany wrote: »
    Last time FIFA was my main football game, I could get the ref to chase me around the pitch trying to issue a booking.

Yes, this is my video from my own channel - I'm narcissistic, what can I say :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

briany wrote: »

You could also score from the edge of the D every time if you shot across the face of the goal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

Cienciano wrote: »
    You could also score from the edge of the D every time if you shot across the face of the goal

Another sweet spot was from the touchline, a little over midway into the opponent's half. Almost unstoppable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

klaus hoeflich was unstoppable

Advertisement