Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reconnecting Electricity Supply

Options
  • 05-07-2018 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭

Hello. I recently purchased a property which has been unoccupied for a number of months - I am not sure how long precisely - and wish to get the electricity supply reconnected. However, I don't know what the MPRN number is and have been unabable to get this information from the previous owner or his estate agent. So,what should I do now? Would it be sufficient just to provide Electric Ireland with the address ?
    Thank you, 
    Mark .

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi chicorytip,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Are you looking to register with Electric Ireland? Due to data protection reasons, Electric Ireland can only give the MPRN to the account holder. You can call our colleagues on 1850 305 090 to register. Their line is open from Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm, and Saturday, 9 am to 5:30 pm. If you choose to register with Electric Ireland, they may be able to find the MPRN with the serial number from the meter. You'll find the serial number under the bar-code on your meter. There is also another number preceded by the letters RM. 

If you would like to check Electric Ireland's current offers, you can find them here. Customers can get savings of up to 5.5% for electricity only (with a further 3% for those who also bring their gas to Electric Ireland). A switching bonus is also available for new customers, including those who opt for Smarter Pay As You Go for their electricity.    

Do you know if the power is fully disconnected or could there be a Pay As You Go meter in the property? If there is a Pay As You Go meter in the property, you will only need a code in order to reset the meter. 

If the property has been fully disconnected, an appointment will be required to reconnect the property. A reconnection fee of €79.45 would be applied to the first bill to cover the cost of sending an ESB Networks technician to the property. 

ESB Networks maintain the electricity network for all electricity suppliers, including Electric Ireland. We do need to make you aware that if the property has been disconnected for more for 6 months, they will require a wiring certificate before reconnection can take place. This is for safety reasons. If the property has been disconnected for more than two years, a new connection application would need to be made. See here for further details.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement