Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renewing Haulage licence

• 05-07-2018 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Just wondering about renewing a haulage license if anyone has any information bout it or if I have to renew it or is it still valid I Got a haulage license good few years ago when I had my own lorrys but I ended up getting out of owning my own lorrys and going driving for another company I haven’t used the license in nine years and don’t have any paperwork about my haulage license as I moved house 2 years ago and every letter I had was dumped. Just wondering about how I would go about getting it back as I would like to become a owner driver again.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

I think you'd need to apply for a new license. Haulage license is only valid for 5 years and has to renewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭bren11

As Neris states, you need to apply for 1 every 5 years.

To apply for 1 National / International you will need the following;

Good repute, no serious chrimes, garda vetting etc.
    Financial standing, €9000 for first vehicle, and €5000 for each subsequent vehicle. This can be the vehicle itself, may need to get it valued.
    Professional competence; CPC in road transport management. Maybe you have this qualification,(you will have this for life, just means tracing it maybe with the dept. of transport) or hire a transport manager with one.
    Place of establishment.
    If doing haulage in Northern Ireland, you will need an International one. Hopefully you have these then download the form from the following link:
    https://www.rtol.ie/rtol-online/forms;jsessionid=gjMMM0fC8Cmxd72KAKeBz75U.node2

Advertisement