Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much water do you use?

• 05-07-2018 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭

We're a family of four and we use about 60-65 liters of water per person per day. We're not wasetful, but we don't go out of our way to save shower water for the toilet cisterns either.
    Are we good or bad?
    If you have a meter, you can check your usage on your Irish water account.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

They are gonna start charging for it soon I’m using as much as I can before they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Couple of mug fulls

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭Mark Horgan

We have reduced our water consumption by 50% after telling teenage son to go to the river to go fiddling with himself instead of the shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

How long before Irish Water start distributing butt plugs to reduce toilet flushing?😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'll dust an old one off here.

About three fiddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I bathe in milk and drink champagne so no need for water round these parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

We have reduced our water consumption by 50% after telling teenage son to go to the river to go fiddling with himself instead of the shower.

You cant beat a good old nature ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

My wife used to tell me us men were useless at multi tasking so to save water during a drought I started pissing in the shower. No flushing needed, water saved, what's the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I shower every day, often twice in this weather, but I usually switch the shower off for a moment while shampooing my hair or applying a lustrous layer of shower gel to my glistening naked body.

Also, with regard to toilet flushing - if it's yellow, I will invariably let it mellow. And if it's brown, I make a doctor's appointment because that could be a sign of a urinary tract infection or a kidney disorder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I shower every day, often twice in this weather, but I usually switch the shower off for a moment while shampooing my hair or applying a lustrous layer of shower gel to my glistening naked body.

You waste more water by turning it off and on again!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭Mark Horgan

Showering twice a day should be reported as this leads to more waste than using a hose pipe. Could you not use wipes or something to clean a bit of sweat or moist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'll dust an old one off here.

About three fiddy.

Foe fiddy yo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

PARlance wrote: »
    You waste more water by turning it off and on again!

Unless your shower pump runs on water, this is incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

I wash myself with a rag on a stick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

GreeBo wrote: »
    Unless your shower pump runs on water, this is incorrect.

Not true, if it were an immersion then you could set the temp, and it would remain consistent when you shut off the flow and start it again. This would be fine.

But if you were to use an electrical shower, they turn to cold when you turn them back on before warming up slowly to temp, so you'd waste a load of water there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Showering twice a day should be reported as this leads to more waste than using a hose pipe. Could you not use wipes or something to clean a bit of sweat or moist?

I hope you are joking.

About 1700l / month over the last 12 months but I've been away for 2 months so I suppose 2000l/month would be my usage normally.

60l/day ish.

I'm surprised at that tbh, I thought it would be lower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Two quick showers a day isn't a waste of water.

Advertisement