Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling in application form

Options
  • 05-07-2018 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Anyone in Galway or surrounding areas to help fill in JOB APPLICATION FORM. sections such as TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE & PRACTICE, PERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS, ABILITY TO DELIVER RESULTS. Is there any agency or experienced person that could help. I have the answers but wording it properly is a different story!! I dont mind how much it costs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

hillbloom wrote: »
    Anyone in Galway or surrounding areas to help fill in JOB APPLICATION FORM. sections such as TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE & PRACTICE, PERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS, ABILITY TO DELIVER RESULTS. Is there any agency or experienced person that could help. I have the answers but wording it properly is a different story!! I dont mind how much it costs.
    The Job club in the Emerald Ballroom in Ballinasloe should be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Check in with the Galway roscommon education training board.

I had a woman in tuam look at my C.V, we fixed it up and I had a job 4 weeks later. It was all completely free.

I have no doubt they would help with job applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

See does your Local Library run any kind of... Literacy mornings, where they would have Literacy Tutors there to help people with readig and writing skills or sometimes free Basic Computers Classes, (I think mainly intended for the Elderly but still worth asking,) and someone there might be able to help you. They deffo should be able to help you in your local "FÁS Office." Don't ask me what current name is, think they just call themselves Employment Services. Not the actual Social Welfare Office, the other one! The one where they would have Jobs Posters in their Window and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Sassie

Where are you based OP? Galway Rural Development offer free employment services across the county. This includes CV preparation, interview techniques and other free training courses They have offices in BAllinasloe, Loughrea, Athenry,Tuam and Rosmuc. They also provide outreach services in other areas on various days in the month. It all free and such a brilliant service.

The main office number is 091 844335 and you will be guided to the office closest to you.

Mars Bar, was this the office you went to in Tuam? As far as I know, in Tuam, it is an upstairs office near the banK?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sassie wrote: »
    Mars Bar, was this the office you went to in Tuam? As far as I know, in Tuam, it is an upstairs office near the banK?

Yes, that's the one. The door just to the right of Ivy Boutique on Dublin Road. Deirdre is the woman I saw. I was very happy with the service and delighted with my C.V.

• Advertisement
Advertisement