Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford developments

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then they got the pp through. Disastrous decision given the shortfall of infrastructure. Again, the school, the roads not considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,421 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

So then they got the pp through. Disastrous decision given the shortfall of infrastructure. Again, the school, the roads not considered.

Critical infrastructural needs are someone else's problem, build, build, build......

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Critical infrastructural needs are someone else's problem, build, build, build......

The laws have to change, no pp until the supporting infrastructure is also accounted for.

The bold Ray Griffin in the examiner

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40066218.html

"Capital spending will hit €10bn this year, and again we have only heard of some titillating projects largely in Cork and Dublin. The southeast is 8.89% of this country’s population, but we are certainly not going to get the €890m that would represent a fair share. My guess is that we will get less than €100m in this region,"
    "Next year the Department of Higher Education will spend €3.3bn, mostly in universities. €5.2bn will be spent at the Department of Housing, again with no visibility on whether the southeast will get €462m."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Noticed a planning notice up on the old Alfie Hales sports shop in Arundel Square. To divide it into two units and for one of them to be a cafe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Muttley79 wrote: »
    Waterford city site with scope for more than 300 homes for €3.25m (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/waterford-city-site-with-scope-for-more-than-300-homes-for-3-25m-1.4377890
    Completely unsustainable on an already very busy Williamstown road.surely a relief road would have to be built to ease congestion already there if over 300 houses got the green light

We need housing.

In the right places! On the end of the Williamstown road peninsula is in fact as about a wrong a location as possible.

place should be flooded with accommodation, if the hq's gets going

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

JohnC. wrote: »
    Noticed a planning notice up on the old Alfie Hales sports shop in Arundel Square. To divide it into two units and for one of them to be a cafe.

Waterford is turning into one horse coffee shop town

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

In the right places! On the end of the Williamstown road peninsula is in fact as about a wrong a location as possible.

To be fair nobody is going to want to build on the other side of town with the councils concerted effort to turn it into knackeragua. Expect any new private housing to be squashed into the general Dunmore Road area for the foreseeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

The city centre is lacking any sort of charm. A pity, really. Arundel square is fairly desperate in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

To be fair nobody is going to want to build on the other side of town with the councils concerted effort to turn it into knackeragua. Expect any new private housing to be squashed into the general Dunmore Road area for the foreseeable.

Somebody remind the council that the multi-million euro road infrastructure is to the west of the City. Would they consider it's more sensible to move along the protected species rather than start begging central government for road money for the east of the city in 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

We need housing.

Houses maketh the city. It has to be done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/10/27/work-to-commence-on-kilmac-distillery-in-2021/
    Great development here for kilmacthomas and hopefully a great success

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/10/28/a-new-lease-of-life-for-former-little-sisters-building/
    Great news also for the city with some new lease of life in the old convent.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

I was thinking the same, but fek it... if we get known for good coffee its something at least. You'd be surprised how many people would push a close relation down the stair for their coffee fix. We need something that the place is known for now that the Crystal is all but gone. Having a vipers den of amazing coffee shops is a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Waterford is known for a triangle where most of its residents aren't descended from vikings.

vriesmays wrote: »
    Waterford is known for a triangle where most of its residents aren't descended from vikings.

Wow... hilarious... you showed... me? ...people from Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Wow... hilarious... you showed... me? ...people from Waterford?

Please just mute him and don't respond to his rubbish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Deiseen wrote: »
    Please just mute him and don't respond to his rubbish.

The ignore/mute button has to be the most snowflake action ever. "Echo chambers are my safe space".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Snowflakes are now offended because they didn't realise the Viking triangle is majority non-Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JimWinters

Snowflakes are now offended because they didn't realise the Viking triangle is majority non-Irish.

Sure the Vikings weren’t Irish! Also, I was in the Apple Market last week, didn’t see one apple :O While you’re at it you might go on the Galway City forum and they’ll them how few Latinos are in their Latin Quarter Quarter...

vriesmays is a racist/xenophobe and should be dealt with.

The ignore/mute button has to be the most snowflake action ever. "Echo chambers are my safe space".

I'm always happy to hear opposing views but I've been listening to absolute garbage out of that guy ever since he was known on here as 'TheQuietFella'.

In all that time, he never made a single, decent or intelligent point and derailed topics constantly.

I didn't mute him on a whim one day because he said one thing that I didn't like, it was made due to the relentless rubbish that I'd read over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The only way to deal with him or her or it is to not reply. Simply not reply. Problem solved. But there are too many here who love the noise of the argument, however pathetic, to do that.

vriesmays is a racist/xenophobe and should be dealt with.

Not just that but he's never made a single decent contribution, ever.

Even hatemongers have the ocassional good argument now and again, but Vriesmays hasn't in all the time I've been here.

The only way to deal with him or her or it is to not reply. Simply not reply. Problem solved. But there are too many here who love the noise of the argument, however pathetic, to do that.

I guess it's people that are not on here too often so they might not know him, or what he's like.

You're right it has clear influences from non-non-Irish.

I reckon its really 'how do' when hes sober.

• Advertisement

I reckon its really 'how do' when hes sober.

Michael is far more intelligent and respectful than that

Advertisement