Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford developments

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Deiseen

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A hotel mostly for hipsters and twats then lol

Always wondered what's it was

Great summarisation there.

Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A hotel mostly for hipsters and twats then lol

Always wondered what's it was

Plenty of twats in every hotel in Waterford, including the high end ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Some levelling of ground going on beside T&C Motors on the inner ring road over the past few days. I seem to remember the land being sold 2 or 3 years ago. Possibly more apartments maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yep saw that, it's a bigger plot than you'd think going past on the relief road. Six acres with a narrow strip making it two sites for practical purposes. Would have been a great spot for a city meadow no doubt it'll be flats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Yep saw that, it's a bigger plot than you'd think going past on the relief road. Six acres with a narrow strip making it two sites for practical purposes. Would have been a great spot for a city meadow no doubt it'll be flats.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bolands moved T&C out to the Cork rd and build apartments on all that land

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

I wouldn't be surprised if Bolands moved T&C out to the Cork rd and build apartments on all that land

I think the original plan was for T&C to move to the site next to Audi?

That would make sense alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭914

I see they've tidied this up (whoever they are - owners or council). It's a start.

Johns Street is closed next week for three/four days while they resurface it.

Not sure if they have been tidied up, passed today and half the rain forrest is growing out of the old sinnotts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Gavlor

914 wrote: »
    Not sure if they have been tidied up, passed today and half the rain forrest is growing out of the old sinnotts.

Don’t tell the environmentalists or it’ll never be fixed up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

That would make sense alright.

It would at least stop the farce of starting and moving 50 cars 20 feet out to the front every morning and then doing the reverse in the evening.

Literally the worst thing you can do to an engine apart from running it low on oil or redlining it stone cold. I wouldn't buy a second hand car from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭curmudgeonly

Looks to me like they are extending their forecourt and nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I know Villa FC bought the land in behind T&C Motors and will be levelling it for the addition of a full-size modern astro pitch with additional car-parking.

Probably not the green-area that some would prefer, but at least it's recreational and not more flats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

gscully wrote: »
    I know Villa FC bought the land in behind T&C Motors and will be levelling it for the addition of a full-size modern astro pitch with additional car-parking.

Probably not the green-area that some would prefer, but at least it's recreational and not more flats.

That would be great if true, any sports facilities are fantastic investments for the community...Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Traffic around the City is unreal this evening. All the re surfacing works causing some back up of traffic. To get to the bridge without sitting in traffic for ages i had to go on some detour around the place. Ended out near the RSC via the folly and up toward Keanes Road. Nuts.

Short term pain, next up is the start of the "airport road" by the St Johns Park Butler Community Centre (I think it is), they are doing something on one side mainly as far as I can tell by the road markings. Pearce Park is also up soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Short term pain, next up is the start of the "airport road" by the St Johns Park Butler Community Centre (I think it is), they are doing something on one side mainly as far as I can tell by the road markings. Pearce Park is also up soon.

Ah yeah i know it wont be forever just a pain is all. If we had a second bridge i could of used that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Waterford City East and South have just been included in 19 new rent pressure zones announced this morning - but not sure when this becomes effective.

Interesting that the average Q1 2019 rents in both areas would be among the lowest of the 19 zones, and lower than places like Gort in Galway, Midleton in Cork, Kilkenny, Arklow in Wicklow - this puts things in perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,712 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

hardybuck wrote:
    Waterford City East and South have just been included in 19 new rent pressure zones announced this morning - but not sure when this becomes effective.

Can't see this ever being resolved, we re not ready for any sort of radical changes such as a land value tax, and its known 'negatives', the reduction of house prices etc, we re simply not ready for that, who would vote for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

hardybuck wrote: »
    but not sure when this becomes effective.
    Accordingly, the Minister with effect from 2nd July 2019 has designated 19 RPZs across 11 counties
    https://onestopshop.rtb.ie/news/q1-2019-rtb-quarterly-rent-index/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Pity it went on fire last night.

Fire services there again now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Fire services there again now.

Set on fire twice today according to people on social media

Why do site owners penny pinch on security? The council should fine Frisby for every call out.

Going up Bunkers Hill this morning I see the junction halfway up remains an unacceptable mess. What are they waiting for?

Why do site owners penny pinch on security? The council should fine Frisby for every call out.

Going up Bunkers Hill this morning I see the junction halfway up remains an unacceptable mess. What are they waiting for?

Security for a large site like that would be very expensive, particularly if there's nothing in it worth keeping safe.

Fining the owner would be like fining you if your house was burgled and set alight when you went away on holidays.

Well I'm very much in the use it or lose it camp when it comes to property esp commercial when they are using it in part as a car park and have a big sign outside saying a development is on the way. Frisby are behaving like absentee landlords as far as I'm concerned. The fact there are little scummy tykes on the loose doesn't absolve them of responsible ownership.

Well I'm very much in the use it or lose it camp when it comes to property esp commercial when they are using it in part as a car park and have a big sign outside saying a development is on the way. Frisby are behaving like absentee landlords as far as I'm concerned. The fact there are little scummy tykes on the loose doesn't absolve them of responsible ownership.

While we would all like to see the site cleaned up, this isn't Venezuela, so you can't have the State coming in and taking land off people.

The owner has avoided the vacant site levy via the car park avenue, but there I don't think there's a huge amount more to be done.

In fairness to the Council, I think they were among a very small number to put sites forward for inclusion in the vacant site levy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Good to see the chemist in John Robert square / broad street being occupied, mountain warehouse is the new shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Max Powers wrote: »
    Good to see the chemist in John Robert square / broad street being occupied, mountain warehouse is the new shop.

Seeing people complaining all over Facebook that it's not a "Zara" store 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

Max Powers wrote: »

Another outdoor shop?!

What's going into the site across from the old Waterford Crystal site on the corner lights beside Circle K?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭Azatadine

What's going into the big site that's being cleared off out by Bausch and Lomb? Across the road from Sanofi and West?

Advertisement