Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eczema in the workplace

• 06-07-2018 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hi,

so as a result of the current weather i, an eczema sufferer, is having a bad outbreak, i work in a shop and between serving customers and packing away stock ive noticed its getting worse. I've mainly noticed its worse in the areas my uniform top is in contact with my skin. Is there anything my employer and do or has to do to help this?

although im not bothered by the outbreak. its not nice for customers to look at and i have had customers refuse to let me serve them as a result of my skin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Any way to approach your employer and get a new uniform that's 100% cotton? Failing that it might be useful to wear a vest / barrier between.. but I know that's not really helpful in this weather!

Sweat is also an irritant so make sure you stay hydrated and try to keep cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 chickennuget

I actually wear a tank top under the top so the worst eczema is just contained to where my skin is in contact with the top. Will consider asking about 100% cotton top!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Don't forget to put a barrier on your skin too, e.g. Aveeno with shea butter to stop the material rubbing at your skin as much. Prevention is better than cure. Have a look at what the work top is washed with too, fairy non bio is best.

Advertisement