Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Domestic Steam Room

• 06-07-2018 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    My house build will begin towards the end of the year, and I'd love to incorporate a steam room in my main bathroom. Roomy enough for 2 people to sit or 1 person to lie in.
    No plastic seats/benches will be used.
    I understand the steam apparatus itself isn't crazy expensive, it's the glass that can really cause the budget to skyrocket in these things.

This would be within a wet-room portion of the bathroom btw. So half the bathroom glassed off, behind which will be bath, open shower & a second wall of glass within which would be the steam room.

Anyone ever attempted anything like this? Not a lot of info out there from a quick couple of searches...
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I have done a dry sauna. It is more straightforward because there is no water involved.

I would strongly suggest using some sort of prefabricated system for a wet room. The reason is that stuff like the curves matter. If the curve isn't right, you're going to end up with water dripping on your face. Also, if there is a leak into the insulation, it is going to be a right mess.

I bought the sauna gear from these guys a few years ago. They are pretty cheap, and the stuff was ok. https://www.oceanic-saunas.co.uk

They also have systems for wet rooms. I have no direct personal experience of them, but they look pretty well thought out.

Get some advice from an electrician before ordering too.

Advertisement