Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Claims

Options
  • 06-07-2018 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi guys,

I recently got back from the UK, and got a second car. Insured it up on my name (as well as the first, wife's insurance is extortionate at the moment).

I didn't know about the rule that prevents your no claims from being used on more than one policy, so got a letter from Liberty saying, look, we're going to have to remove the discount for your no claims. Fine, no bother.

Then I get the updated cost, and the money that's been added is almost double the value of the no claims discount.

I've called them to ask where the extra cost is coming from if the no claims is half of it. A very nice lady just spent the call trying to explain that I need to pay for the no-claims now that I've got a second car, and missing my point slightly.

I've asked for a breakdown, so hopefully I'll get something, but anyone else come across this?

Thanks.

Advertisement