Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Racing Game Recommendation

• 06-07-2018 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Hi Lads,

Recently picked up a PS4 Pro, got it mainly for the exclusives like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted, Bloodborne, etc. But would really like to pick up a good car racing game as well [love Wipeout but thats a different type of game].

Something like Forza from the xbox, loved the GT games back in the day but looked into GT Sport and don't like the idea of it being online at all. Not interested in multiplayer but would like a proper campaign style game where you need to unlock cars/credits/licences to progress etc. Upgrading normal cars and progressing to super cars etc etc.

Any recommendations?...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Project cars for sim and Drive Club for semi sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

The Crew 2

• Go for the first recommendations, not the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Dirt Rally is great, pick it up cheap too. Not sure what Dirt 4 is like, I think Dirt Rally is supposed to be better

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Togglename

I gave up drinking alcohol and start playing the cars game with my children? for example https://www.topspeed.com/truck-games/ I think this is much more useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

If you like old arcade racer games like Sega Rally give Gravel a go. Seriously underrated imho.

Not a graphical powerhouse by any means but Jesus the gameplay is so good, again if you like arcade racers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I picked up a G29 for the PS5 at the weekend and playing GT Sport, GRiD (2018) and The Crew 2. Have to say, I'm preferring the more arcadey feel of The Crew 2 (in the cars anyway, feck everything else), and I do prefer GRiD to GT Sport as it's nearly a mixture, and just feels better imo. Haven't tried any rally games yet, but might give Gravel a go, think it's on Now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Gravel is a spiritual successor to Sega Rally. It’s great. Criminally underrated.

You need a regular controller on for the G29 to work for this game for some reason but it does work.

Advertisement