Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using same valuer and surveyor for same house

Options
  • 06-07-2018 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi,

is there any reason not to pick the same valuer and surveyor to both processes for the same house?

I don't mean you would pick the same as the vendor I mean you pick one person/company to do both for the house you are looking to buy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Well one is an estate agent the other an engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

ted1 wrote: »
    Well one is an estate agent the other an engineer.

Some Building Surveyors will also carry out mortgage valuations aswell as carrying out the Building Survey Report.

In answer to your question OP there is no reason the same person/company shouldn't carry out both functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

The same person can do both. I would consider the different requirements: the valuer must be on the bank's approved list, and be familiar with the area/market (I've encountered incorrect valuations given by estate agents unfamiliar with). The surveyor should be someone you trust to do a thorough job, I'd go with a personal recommendation. These requirements can overlap.

Advertisement