If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Turntable

Options
  • 06-07-2018 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi could you recommend a turntable for a budget of €200?

I see the Pro-ject essential 2 ;179 on your uk site.  How much for this delivered to Dublin?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I see the Pro-ject essential 2 ;179 on your uk site.  How much for this delivered to Dublin?

Thanks
    HI Littlemissfraze.

The Essential 2 is now discontinued and the £179 price on the .co.uk site would be for clearance ones.
    We do have our last display one left which i could indeed offer at the £179 with £6.99 shipping.

It is a great turntable.

What HiFi are you connecting the turntable into? Do you know if it has a built in phono stage or not? The Essential 2 does not have one built in so the amp would require one for things to work.

There is the Audio Technica LP3 which is very well reviewed (5 star in What HiFi) priced at £179 also. This one has a built in phono stage.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202701-at-lp3.aspx

Any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 littlemissfraze

Thanks
    HI Littlemissfraze.

The Essential 2 is now discontinued and the £179 price on the .co.uk site would be for clearance ones.
    We do have our last display one left which i could indeed offer at the £179 with £6.99 shipping.

It is a great turntable.

What HiFi are you connecting the turntable into? Do you know if it has a built in phono stage or not? The Essential 2 does not have one built in so the amp would require one for things to work.

There is the Audio Technica LP3 which is very well reviewed (5 star in What HiFi) priced at £179 also. This one has a built in phono stage.

Hi,

What attracted me to the Pro-ject essential 2 was that it has a optical out which I was going to connect to my sky soundbox (devialet). (I know this won't be an analogue set up)

Do you know if I would need a phono stage with the sky soundbox?

Thanks

Thanks
    HI Littlemissfraze.

It is a great turntable.

Hi,

What attracted me to the Pro-ject essential 2 was that it has a optical out which I was going to connect to my sky soundbox (devialet). (I know this won't be an analogue set up)

Do you know if I would need a phono stage with the sky soundbox?

Thanks
    Hey Littlemissfraze.

The Essential 2 does not have an optical out, only the standard 2 phono unfortunately.

I would say that you would require a phono stage with the Sky soundbox but its not something I am familiar with unfortunately.

Really the only way around this is using the Sky soundbox would be to connect the turntable to a phono stage like the BT26 priced at £24.95
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-909962-bt26-pre-amp.aspx

Then from the pre amp via phono cables to a CYP AU-D4 priced at £54.95 which converts an analogue signal to a digital one allowing to connect via optical to the Sky Soundbox.

Or if the turntable has the pre amp built in then you would not require the BT26.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Snipped by Mod

Please see the Charter - queries here are for Richersounds to answer, advice or opinions from Boardies is not appropriate here.

endacl wrote: »
    Snipped by Mod
    Hey Endacl.

Thanks for that.

The Essential 3 digital is priced at £319 which is not a budget turntable.

The OP is looking for a budget option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 littlemissfraze

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the info.  Can you double check about the optical out

https://www.whathifi.com/pro-ject/essential-ii-digital/review

I'll take it if it has it.

Cheers

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the info.  Can you double check about the optical out

https://www.whathifi.com/pro-ject/essential-ii-digital/review

I'll take it if it has it.

Cheers
    Hi Littlemissfraze.

The link above is for the Essential 2 "Digital".
    The one that we are clearing for £179 is the non digital standard version.

The Essential 2 digital is priced at around £250 but it is not a product that we have stocked unfortunately.

I might be able to special order this but would need to check with our purchasing team.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.