Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pump track build

Options
  • 06-07-2018 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to build a pump track out the back of the house. Large garden so plenty of space.

I've been looking at various build on-line, the top surface I plan to use is 4mm to dust carboniferous limestone or quarry dust that I'll compressors using vibration /wacker plate.

I'm unsure of what material to use to shape the track clay / soil / stone etc.
    I can get / use soil and easily shape it to what I want, but would have the issue of weeds growing up from it.

Any ideas?

MiCk B. :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

My son has one. He used soil, shaped it, covered it with plastic to prevent weeds, then put down his quarry dust. It seemed to work for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

Cheers.

Might go the soil / weed mesh / quarry dust route.

Thanks,

MiCk B. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I have nothing to contribute other than to say I'm jealous as f*ck! :pac:

Advertisement