Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New eir mobile customer International calling

Options
  • 06-07-2018 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi There Folks, 

I am a new Bill pay customer with eir and I have made big mistake after I entered the contract which is now costing me  100 euros. And I am very sad and broke because of this.

Its entirely my mistake not to have found out international calling rates for eir bill pay plan that I am on , but didnt think calling Indian mobile would be so expensive. 

Problem :
    I migrated from tesco prepay to eir bill pay and alos bought a handset along with the plan , in the month of June.

I normally ring home [India] from my mobile when I was with tesco and did the same using eir mobile , habitually, without finding out how much eir would charge to call indian mobile.To my shock and big cry , the call charges at the end of the month have summed up to a 100 euros. Each call was charged at . 2.40 per minute.It used be 3 cents per minute on tesco prepay. and would have at the max costed me some 4 euros all togther for all the calls I made in June. 

I understand the mistake is mine but I wanted to reach to you guys to see if you can help or do something on a good will basis . It will be huge help if you can do anything about these charges. I will defo make sure I wont call home with eir mobile anymore but if you can do anything about the june charges , I would really appreciate. 

Rgds,
    Gk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

go.cool wrote: »
    Hi There Folks, 

I am a new Bill pay customer with eir and I have made big mistake after I entered the contract which is now costing me  100 euros. And I am very sad and broke because of this.

Its entirely my mistake not to have found out international calling rates for eir bill pay plan that I am on , but didnt think calling Indian mobile would be so expensive. 

Problem :
    I migrated from tesco prepay to eir bill pay and alos bought a handset along with the plan , in the month of June.

I normally ring home [India] from my mobile when I was with tesco and did the same using eir mobile , habitually, without finding out how much eir would charge to call indian mobile.To my shock and big cry , the call charges at the end of the month have summed up to a 100 euros. Each call was charged at . 2.40 per minute.It used be 3 cents per minute on tesco prepay. and would have at the max costed me some 4 euros all togther for all the calls I made in June. 

I understand the mistake is mine but I wanted to reach to you guys to see if you can help or do something on a good will basis . It will be huge help if you can do anything about these charges. I will defo make sure I wont call home with eir mobile anymore but if you can do anything about the june charges , I would really appreciate. 

Rgds,
    Gk
    Hi go.cool,

I'm very sorry but there is nothing we can do in relation to this, If you were to cancel your contract early you would be liable to early cease charges. 

Because the charges are valid there is nothing we can do I'm afraid.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement